PDA

View Full Version : Play when down t o 3

Pitcher
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi Folks,

This concerns a major change in strategy I am considering when down to 3 playes left. For 3 days I lost every major hand at this junction. Upon counting, I was ahead 83% of the time on these hands and lost all of them. Players in $200 tourneys played hands ranging from AK, QQ and other premium hands to consistently playing cards (roughly 65%) that were below hands I would consider playing. So, for the next couple of days worth of tournaments, I am going all in or folding and going all in regardless of the cards when 1st to act. I will leave my fate entirely to luck, because over this time, I believe it would have yielded better results. This may change how others percieve my play and mix things up some. It will probably do me some good. I have already done this twice with the result of one 3rd place and one 1st place. This is better than previous results on average....so far....it is a rather small sample size... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thoughts

Pitcher

hetron
05-18-2004, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Folks,

This concerns a major change in strategy I am considering when down to 3 playes left. For 3 days I lost every major hand at this junction. Upon counting, I was ahead 83% of the time on these hands and lost all of them. Players in $200 tourneys played hands ranging from AK, QQ and other premium hands to consistently playing cards (roughly 65%) that were below hands I would consider playing. So, for the next couple of days worth of tournaments, I am going all in or folding and going all in regardless of the cards when 1st to act. I will leave my fate entirely to luck, because over this time, I believe it would have yielded better results. This may change how others percieve my play and mix things up some. It will probably do me some good. I have already done this twice with the result of one 3rd place and one 1st place. This is better than previous results on average....so far....it is a rather small sample size... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thoughts

Pitcher

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not quite sure what to make of this post. What exactly are you going to do? You should adjust your strategy depending on how big the antes are, who the players are, and what the comparative stack sizes are.

Pitcher
05-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Hi Hetron,

The post means that regardless of stack size, opponents, ante size, cards or any other factor, I am going to go all in on any hand that I act 1st on. Also, I will not make any bets that are not all in .... so all in or fold. I may find some other randomizing factor, but in any circumstance, I intend to move in on 40+% of all hands. The reason is that no matter how good my cards are, I am losing badly in these situations (over about 85 tournaments) and I figure that random play will produce a change and better results.

Pitcher

Mors
05-19-2004, 07:09 AM
It'll be interesting to see your results. I have started semi doing this lately and it's working. I was constantly getting bad beats or finging that when I was going in with AQ someone had been dealt AK - suprise suprise. My bad beats were avering 60% I'd say in the the last 3, this isn't too bad as I'm in the money, but it needed sorting. I've found myself now pushing with any old junk in the last 3 and beating some great hands, in the last couple of days I've had 97 bt KK, j10 bt AK, 53 bt JJ. I'd say now 60%has been reversed at least. I feel terrible (well, a little bit) for doing it and winning against other peoples far better hands, but more often than not the worse hand is winning, which is stupid but it seems the way they want it.
Didn't William make a rule about this.

Let us know your results /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mors

hetron
05-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Why not just practice your heads up over on some 5 or 10 dollar tournaments on stars? It will probably help more than randomly pushing in when ur 1st up 3handed.