PDA

View Full Version : American Idol has found a Star

JTrout
05-18-2004, 08:36 PM
and her name is
FANTASIA

M2d
05-19-2004, 12:14 AM
her voice bugs. sounds like quacking. she seems to have a star attitude, though.

IrishHand
05-19-2004, 12:50 AM
My wife was in the next room and commented: "That sounds like Donald Duck."

I do, however, enjoy watching Cowell and Co. do everything in their power to overcome the voting blocs that could easily ax Barrino this evening.

JTrout
05-19-2004, 11:01 AM
"That sounds like Donald Duck."

Well, Donald is a star, too! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rushmore
05-19-2004, 12:36 PM
You know, I had never watched American Idol before last night, when my better half was watching this dreck in the bedroom while I was watching the hockey game in the living room. I was intrigued by the wailing and howling and screeching, so went in to see the car wreck.

First of all, these people have no talent. They are awful.
They're awful. They are the entertainment equivalent of potted meat.

But I suppose that's part of the intrigue. I continued to watch.

Does Paula Abdul ever say anything bad about anyone? I mean, the two Asian-ish women were abysmal. They should try out for the NBA--they have just as good a chance of success.

CLEARLY the "judges" want Fantasia to win. And they're right to want Fantasia to win, because the other two are an absolute joke.

But what about NOBODY winning? What if NOBODY called to vote, as a sort of protest?

Because, let's be honest--Fantasia is not going to be a "star." She does the same thing 20 other "stars" do, only nowhere near as well (by "well," I mean, uh, "well in the sense that even bad things can be done well").

So what have we learned from this miserable spectacle? We have learned the following:

**We love R+B and horrible pop. Rock and roll does not exist. If you can't sing "All By Myself," "Chain of Fools," "My Heart Will Go On," "Loving You," "Mandy," or "The Greatest Love," you cannot be a "star."

**The American people love a crimping iron. Never mind the fact that the only people who should ever crimp their hair are named "Olson," and existed 5 years ago.

**That Randy guy is definitely "down." Last night, it looked like he actually flashed a sort of gang sign thing. He likes to "give love," call the ladies "sister," and really, uh, emote. He is definitely in touch with the street.

**Ryan Seacrest is, also, "down." His "Seacrest out" signoff is sure to catch on like wildfire in the--ahem-- hood.

**The average person, when attending a taping of American Idol, has a very professionally produced sign with them which bears very debatable content ("Fantasia is fan-perfect," "Diana makes my heart beat," "So and so is committed to Victory!"). What the hell????!!!!

**I am an idiot for missing a good portion of the hockey game to go and make my woman laugh her ass of by booing at the top of my lungs at the television. The neighbors in the condo were pounding the walls. Guess they thought Fantasia was "Disney-licious" or something.

JTrout
05-19-2004, 12:53 PM
I agree with your opinions on the production of the show, and pretty much everything you said except:

these people have no talent. They are awful.

Fantasia is extremely talented. And the blond has talent. She is 16. She ain't the best I've ever heard, but she is certainly no "absolute joke".

Because, let's be honest--Fantasia is not going to be a "star." She does the same thing 20 other "stars" do, only nowhere near as well
Obviously I disagree with this. I think she is great, and I think she will become very rich and famous with her vocal talent.

IrishHand
05-19-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think she will become very rich and famous with her vocal talent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only if she gets into the cartoon business.

Rushmore
05-19-2004, 01:17 PM
Real quick: You're wrong about Fantasia. You'll never see her again. She's really nothing special. MAYBE she can sing at her cousin's wedding.

I didn't know the blonde was 16. That makes her a 16 yr-old hack. She's awful.

I think what amazes me so much about this thing is the fact that there is absolutely no artistry whatsoever displayed or expected.

Trotting out the worst songs ever written, putting on glitter nail polish and lipgloss, crimping your hair, and squirming around in an ill-fitting skirt is what pre-teen girls do in their bedrooms.

It's just a joke, all-around.

They should take that dinosaur "judge" who "discovered" so many "stars" and tell him he's not allowed to talk anymore. Period. The talking days are done for you, pal. Your time has come and gone. This is the "gone" section of your life. Your priveledges are revoked.

They should make Paula Abdul admit she doesn't quite get what's going on around her. Maybe tweek her dosage a little. Melaril, Xanax, and Prozac together require more monitoring. Let go and let God.

They should make Randy appear in a "very special episode" of the show "Oz."

They should put Simon on "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy." What could be more clear?

They should take Ryan Seacrest and, well, I don't know what the hell you could do with him. Take him fishing? Send him to Antarctica? Draft him? Who cares?

That wasn't "real quick" at all.

Damn.

JTrout
05-19-2004, 01:24 PM
You're wrong about Fantasia. You'll never see her again.
We'll see.

They should make Randy appear in a "very special episode" of the show "Oz."
LOL

Glenn
05-19-2004, 04:19 PM
"You're wrong about Fantasia. You'll never see her again."

I'll put up 10k that say her first album goes platinum...interested?

Rushmore
05-19-2004, 08:19 PM
OK. I'll amend my statement.

We should never have to see her again.

She's nothing special. She might sell some cd's on name recognition alone for a month, but then...

Hello, Ruben Studdard.

Now, Clay Aiken??! THERE'S a talent!

"I'm Aikin for Clay!!"

Wooooooooooo!! Woooooooooo!! Yeah!!!