Sundevils21
05-18-2004, 03:52 PM
Home game $50buyin ($.25,$.50 blinds)
Hero $50
Maniac $25
Button $100
MP $50
LP$50

Preflop: hero is UTG with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
hero raises to $3, MP calls, LP calls, button calls, Sb(maniac) calls.
Flop:($15) J /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif:8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
maniac checks, Hero bets $8, MP folds,LP folds, button calls, maniac raises to $14(all in), I call, button calls.

Turn:($57) 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets all in, button(thinks forever) calls.

Maniac flips over 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif?????
Button flips over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif?????

River:($175)K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and maniac takes the lions share of the pot.

One of the strangest hands I've ever seen. I probably shouldn't have went all in on the turn. Here's why: my opponents had exactly what I had hoped for, and I was still only about a coin flip to win. Despite the flush that maniac hit, I still made $25 in the hand. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

umdpoker
05-19-2004, 01:55 AM
at the turn, i think you are much more than a coin flip ahead.

Sundevils21
05-19-2004, 02:24 AM
I think cardplayer potcalc. said I was like 65% or something. So yea I was a bit more than a coin flip but at the time, I thought I was like an %80 or so favorite. I was suprised to see the actual number.
point well taken though that I was the fav. and I make money on every dollar that went into the pot.

sniperd
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
If it says, 65% to win the 3 way pot... that is awesome. I would be all in for 40% to win a 3 way pot, your tripling up!

pokerraja
05-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Obviously, with 4 callers your $3 preflop raise was weak. Raise higher, try to isolate and destroy. I prefer, big raise preflop , and then push all-in if rags fall on flop in this type of game when you have AA or KK. Wait for your nut drawing hands to capitalize on thier poor play.