PDA

View Full Version : Party NL 25 general discussion

coltrane
05-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I've had a downspin lately, so I wanted to get some outside opinions on the Party NL 25 tables.......what is your general approach to these tables in terms of pre-flop and post-flop play?.....do you play more than one table at a time and just play super-tight?.....how do you find the blind structure (relatively high compared to the stacks) affects your decisions?.....how much bluffing do you do?....how important do you find table selection and time of day to be?.....I know these are general questions, but I would love some specific answers......

schwza
05-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I play the 25 6-max. I would say I'm usually the most aggressive player at my table before the flop, and I usually will follow up a pre-flop raise with a pot-sized bet unless there's a horrible board (e.g., all clubs when I don't have one). If I get called and I don't have anything, it's pretty rare that I'll bet the turn, although I've been trying to get better at picking spots to fire that second barrel. It's relatively rare that I limp pre-flop and very rare that I cold-call. A lot of people recommend cold calling with something like 67s to try to bust a big pair but with Party's short stacks you have to call too much money up front to make that play.

I personally haven't noticed much in terms of time of day, but the best advice I can give is to keep a buddy list. It's helped my results a lot. Any time you see someone predictable of just plain bad, give them a player note and buddy list 'em. It's great. Hope that helps.