PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Tens, Party .50/1, Standard play?

chim17
05-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Just sat down, no real reads except opponent seemed to be decent. Haven't seen him get out of line yet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero raises, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

kem
05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just sat down, no real reads except opponent seemed to be decent. Haven't seen him get out of line yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hate hands like this /images/graemlins/smile.gif Based on the fact that the SB called 1.5 bets pre-flop, bet the flop, called your raise, and still bet out the turn makes me think that he has a Q, but might be worried about his kicker (since he didn't 3-bet the flop). Tough hand to fold though, but seems like he has a Q..

juanez
05-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Tough call here. Since SB called the preflop raise, bet the flop and called your raise I would tend to think he has a Queen or a flush draw, but at .50/1 he could just as likely have a A2o and think his 2 pair is good. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

What was the result?

chim17
05-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Opponent had 88 and I took it down.

I chose my line of play because I really think it maximizes my winning when I win, and minimizes my losses when I lose. If I kept raising I would lose a hand I beat on the turn, most likely. However, I wouldn't be betting mostly dead into a Queen.

Thoughts?

chief444
05-18-2004, 02:26 PM
I think this line of play is best. I also see no point in raising the turn after he pulls the stop and go (unless he is overly aggressive). Calling down is fine.

cjromero
05-18-2004, 02:30 PM
Boy, I sure have seen a lot of Party micro players try and bluff on a paired, high card flop, especially from the SB or BB. I think a raise on the flop is called for in this case. I agree with the earlier poster that he probably has a Queen with a weak kicker, as Party players love to call one raise in the blinds when they have at least one face card. What's an extra 50 cents, right? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would have gone into check/fold mode if unimproved on the turn. Is that too weak? Is the standard play to call all the way down in this situation? Given his betting pattern, I would give him credit for a Q and move on to the next hand. If he really did have a 2, would he have bet out again on the turn?

When you slowed down on the turn by just calling, you pretty much guaranteed that he was going to bet on the river. Does anyone else fold to the river bet unimproved? There were 11 BB in the pot at that point, but now there is also a flush possibility, making it even less likely that your two 10s are good.

I tend to fold too much on the river, though.

BeerMoney
05-18-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm a moron

SofaCoach
05-18-2004, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I tend to fold too much on the river, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

My advice...In general, don't fold on the river for one bet bet unless you were on a draw and missed. If you went that far, call down with middle pair, bottom pair, or sometime even Ace high.

On this hand though, I'd have folded on the turn. I don't like him betting into me after I raised PF and the flop. He like his hand an awful lot. That shows what I know.

chim17
05-18-2004, 02:46 PM
I did raise the flop..