PDA

View Full Version : Party Ads on MSNBC

mrbaseball
05-18-2004, 01:02 PM
We have MSNBC on all day long in my office and they just ran a nice long 60 second Party Poker commericial. I had never seen one here before. Hopefully the advertising budget is up and the fish call will continue.

gabyyyyy
05-18-2004, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We have MSNBC on all day long in my office and they just ran a nice long 60 second Party Poker commericial. I had never seen one here before. Hopefully the advertising budget is up and the fish call will continue

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know what you mean when you say "continue". Party has been tighter then hell recently. I played 1/2 yesterday there and was check raised about 30 times. People were playing solid, and hardly any fish.

Party is not nearly as good as it used to be.

mrbaseball
05-18-2004, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really don't know what you mean when you say "continue".

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the games arent so great right now. Much tighter than in olden days. What I want to "continue" is the advertising to draw in new blood. Was that hard to infer from my post?

benfranklin
05-18-2004, 01:30 PM
What I heard was they have wanted to advertise, but couldn't because of the DOJ pressure on US media about "illegal" internet gambling. What they have done is set another entity/web site called partypoker.net, "the world's largest poker school". I believe that is what they are advertising on TV. No reference to partypoker.com., no reference to real cash money on TV or on the site, etc. Just another major educational institution, taking advantage of the free enterprise system.

So the bad news is that all the fish are going to go to partypoker.net, learn how to play poker, then come to partypoker.com and kick butt. I guess I'll just have to sit there and take my beating like a man.