PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker 3/6 full game - did my opponent fold a better hand?

samdash
05-18-2004, 11:34 AM
This is a hand I played earlier on Party. The flop bet seems routine and I bet the turn again because I picked up the diamond draw. The river bet was more out of desperation than anything. After reviewing the hand I'm having trouble putting my opponent on a hand other than AQ or AK.

Party Poker 3/6 (9 handed)
samdash has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

MP3 raises, samdash 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP3 calls

Flop(7 1/3 SB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP3 checks, samdash bets, MP3 calls

Turn(4 2/3 BB): 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP3 checks, samdash bets, MP3 calls

River(6 2/3 BB): 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

MP3 checks, samdash bets, MP3 folds

mmanne
05-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I think that both of your bets on the turn and river are questionable, but I like them.

Personally, I probably would have checked the turn - on the check when you pick up outs play. But, then would definitely have bet the river.

balkii
05-18-2004, 03:59 PM
mmanne -

I do not think this is a good time to 'check with outs' on the turn, for a few reasons

a) you might very well have the best hand
b) your draw is HUGE . charging yourself for this card is not terrible, and you have such an easy call of a checkraise.
c) you might very well pick up the pot
d) your hand has showdown value, if you bet the turn you probably get a free showdown.

I save the check with outs play for those times when I really dont want to call a checkraise. Like if I only have a gutshot or something.

Also in situations like this, my general consideration is - Who needs the free card more, him or me? In this case it is definitely him, so I bet.

As for the river - thats tough, it might be worth it to try to fold AK. BUT when you consider that that is the ONLY better hand he can have that will fold, and he might call with that anyways- I think you are better off checking.