PDA

View Full Version : KK, should I have folded?

sin808
05-18-2004, 09:29 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: sin is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">sin raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">sin raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, sin calls, CO folds, BB calls.

when UTG+1 bets into me here after calling my raise on the flop I was pretty sure he was holding a T. Should I have folded this, or was it right to into check/call mode?

River: (11.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, sin calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between UTG+1 and sin.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (13.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Th Ad (three of a kind, tens).
sin shows Ks Kc (two pair, kings and tens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 13.25 BB. </font>

spacemonkey57
05-18-2004, 10:48 AM
I think the turn is either a raise or fold situation. It depends on whether or not you think that UTG+1 would bluff at it. I think I'd probably fold in a four way pot.

cjromero
05-18-2004, 11:07 AM
This is always a tough situation for me. I am always torn between 3-betting the turn and just calling. Is it better to call the turn so that you at least get to see if you improve on the river?

I have seen lots of micro Party players bluff at boards like this with overcards or a medium pocket pair, so it's tough to fold.

afk
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
The turn is a common situation here and frankly, I'm not sure what the correct play is. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Ralph Wiggum
05-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I think the turn is a raise/fold situation. UTG+1 bet the flop into 3 other players on the flop from EP. This convinces me that he has the T. I fold. If not fold, then raise, planning to fold to a 3-bet.

ZootMurph
05-18-2004, 11:49 AM
I raise the turn here. Call a 3-bet and call down.

Reasoning... If I were the other player, and I knew I was beat, then the board paired, I'd try to bluff out as well. The turn raise would give you an idea if you were ahead or behind here. Call or fold, you are ahead. 3-bet and he has the 10. Still need to call down, though.

Just my 2¢.

afk
05-18-2004, 06:03 PM
A well timed bump for more opinions on this hand.

RustyCJ
05-18-2004, 06:38 PM
I saw someone post about this type of situation and they said if you are going to fold to a 3 bet on the turn, you're better off just to check/call, you get to see the river card this way for the same amount of investment and get a chance to catch your miracle card.

Thoughts?

Greg J
05-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I think that the reason so many people on this thread havve pointed out, rightly, that this is a difficult situation is that your opponent, aside from his dubious preflop call, (ATo in early position is a clear fold IMO) played this hand very well from the flop on.

This is not to say you did not play it well. I think you did. You put him on the 10, correctly, there is certainly not enough of a scare to fold here.

You made him pay for his extra 10 after the flop. He did. He caught a good card. it happens. But i think if you play this way in similar situations over a long period of time it will make you money.

HUSKER'66
05-18-2004, 07:32 PM
You played it fine, just got unlucky with the board. As has been mentioned, you could have rised the turn to see if he would play back at you. There is of course the chance that he would smooth call you and you would not gain any info. /images/graemlins/tongue.gifThe one advantage of this play is that he might check the river trying to trap you and give you a free card. If he bets out on the river, you can probably laydown your hand knowing you made the right play. The question that needs to be answered is if you had any kind of read on this guy. Is he the type of player to play an overpair (JJ,QQ) the same way? In micro's , I'm not surprised to see players table overpairs (or even underpairs!) at the showdown. The fact that he bet out to a preflop raiser leads me to believe he hit some part of the flop. With him getting lucky and hitting one of his five outs is icing on the cake. You want this player in your game!!!

Just my thoughts,

Husker