PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker Madness

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 09:05 AM
So I have a cashout pending at Party for over three days and I decide to call to see what the hold up is.

The nice lady on the phone says

"you have been playing with us for along time and have been winning a lot. Your play is being investigated by our review team. We will let you know the outcome in 24-48 hours. We have to make sure the play is fair."

WTF - So I am a good customer who plays alot, for over a year, and win therefore I need to be investigated???

I have only deposited $200 into the place over a year ago so there is no CC fraud or anything like that.

Is there some magic number they trigger these investigations at? This month has been over 10k but I have had months like this before.

Anyone else have this problem? Also how do I talk to someone who doesn't have a script in front of them???

Thanks,

Orange

Lost Wages
05-18-2004, 09:15 AM
Sounds like they are on to you for using a pattern map.

Lost Wages

TheLoser
05-18-2004, 09:19 AM
I once had a similar problem where they were holding my money. I called up support and through about 2 hours kept saying let me talk to your supervisor, eventually I got to someone high enough to take immediate action. The hey is to not accept thier crap answers...I refused to wait any longer and I told them that, after hanging up the phone the money was in my neteller 1 hour later.

crazy canuck
05-18-2004, 10:01 AM
This month has been over 10k but I have had months like this before. Anyone else have this problem?

I only wish I would have a problem like this. Seriously tho I won $350 in 3 hours of play at $1-2 a year ago, and they cancelled my cashouts. Everything, was cleared up tho in a few days so don't worry.

MicroBob
05-18-2004, 10:16 AM
"you have been playing with us for along time and have been winning a lot. Your play is being investigated by our review team. We will let you know the outcome in 24-48 hours. We have to make sure the play is fair."

your response: "well...i didn't mean to win that much....but the players are so freaking bad on your site that there was simply no way around it."

i think this is pretty bizarre also and dont know if there is a specific amount that triggers it. seems like they have been attempting to clamp-down on potential abuses...just going about it in the wrong way.

maybe just cash-out 5 or 6k at a time in the future??

TheNutz
05-18-2004, 10:21 AM
Anything above 2K cashouts raise a flag of some sort..

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 10:24 AM
I should clarify none of my cashouts have been above $1500. The total is over $10k...Still no luck getting naybody on the phone.

ORange

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 10:52 AM
So I get to a "supervisor" and kindly ask for my money to be released (in this case it is $725). She says I have to wait for 24-48 hours for the investigation to be complete, etc..etc..etc..

I say to her "I have been playing on here for a long time and you still have $10k of my money sitting in your account - why can't you send me the $725?"

The response "sir you have cashed out over $48,000 this year - we have to make sure your play is fair"

WTF - so if I am a scammer I can withdraw 48,000 but not a penny over????

This is really pissing me off.

Orange

doggin
05-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Do I read this right? A year ago you started with 200 dollars and have cashed out 48K in one year!?!

My God that is fantastic!

LikesToLose
05-18-2004, 11:06 AM
It sounds like a reasonable and necessary precaution to me. I would gladly have my cashout delayed by a couple of days if it means that play history is routinely checked for collusion, fraud, or other types of cheating since a fair site is a good site.

Kind of like the hassle of security at an airport. Taking your shoes off is a pain in the butt, but blowing up at 37,000 feet REALLY sucks. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 11:12 AM
It's been a good site. Started at 3/6 on a short BR and just kept rolling the profits into the BR.

Hopefully my good run does not doom me into Party's investigation cycle.

Orange

bigpooch
05-18-2004, 11:13 AM
I could see people getting really upset over this too!

Hopefully, you won't encounter this again. I think that you
should comment on how atrocious your opponents play and you
should ask how many of the big winners (50K or more a year)
get audited! A friend has done this well but I don't think
he has had any problems with any cashouts.

astroglide
05-18-2004, 11:44 AM
i don't have problems with repeated 5k+ cashouts at either party or intertops

CORed
05-18-2004, 12:04 PM
When I was making regular cashouts (I haven't been doing as well lately), I found that $2000 cashouts (the largest I ever made) usually took a week or more to process. When I would make a fuss through live chat (I never got anything but auto-replies to emails, and never tried phoning them), the cashouts would be processed. Cashouts less than $2000 mostly got processed within a few days.

Tachyon
05-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Sounds like someone you played against probably defrauded them. They are probably making sure that you are not involved. If you are not then you will be fine - nothing to worry about...

John

InternetPokerPro
05-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I cash out every Thur a.m. for $3,500 so that I have a regular "Paycheck" that I use for my household budget (everything else I leave in my account) and have had individual weekly wins as high as $15,000.

Without exception, the money is in my Neteller account within 1-2 hours of when I cash out.

If you have been a regular winner on Party, I can only conclude that there is something else besides the amount that you won that is triggering the investigation.

If you have done nothing wrong, there is no reason to be upset . . . indeed you should be thankful for the security . . . as long as the delay is reasonable (and 24-48 hours does not seem unreasonable).

I seriously doubt that Party has a need to create a bogus reason to delay a cashout to you. Something was triggered. Let them resolve it. And then thank them for their diligence.

CORed
05-18-2004, 12:20 PM
You've got to sympathize with Party. It must be really difficult to distinguish between chip dumping and the normal play of at least half the players on the site.

CrackerZack
05-18-2004, 12:56 PM
I figure we should rename this thread to its real purpose.

Nice peen.

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
W T F is a peen?

Dilbert
05-18-2004, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
W T F is a peen?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, F is what you do with a peen.

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Third time is a charm - money just came though. I guess I am not a low life cheating scumbag.

Cracker - I don't know what put a bug in your ear but my only intention with this thread was to see if my money was safe. Many other posters do business at party and seeing if they have been through this and how to resolve it was my intention.

Orange

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh a wee-wee. No wee contest here - I just wanted to make sure I could get my $$ out.

If I wanted a wee wee contest I'd take a digital pic and wait for Matt to delete it.

Orange

doggin
05-18-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the investigation by Party is a matter of
routine for them. It would be interesting to know just what
they check out in an audit of this type.
Damn! You had yourself one fine run huh?

If you don't mind me asking, do you play specifically limit
games or do you mix it up?

Thanks, d

Ash, Housewares
05-18-2004, 03:11 PM
"Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?"

"Nope, just me baby.... just me."

Ash, Housewares
05-18-2004, 03:12 PM

Ash, Housewares
05-18-2004, 03:12 PM

OrangeHeat
05-18-2004, 03:46 PM
Listen you assuming pompus prick. I am not here to brag - I count on this as supplemental income and if I am in jeopardy of having it tied up or confiscated I want to know from other people who play at the same place (oooh the internet poker forum) if that is a possibility.

Orange

Vehn
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM

34TheTruth34
05-18-2004, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got to sympathize with Party. It must be really difficult to distinguish between chip dumping and the normal play of at least half the players on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, excellent.

GrannyMae
05-18-2004, 05:59 PM
i don't remember seeing an ash trifecta before. is this a record?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/e0/iwantattention.gif

Inthacup
05-18-2004, 06:11 PM
I believe it is.