PDA

View Full Version : Paid too much and didn't collect.

chief444
05-18-2004, 07:54 AM
Wasn't crazy about my play on this one. Didn't like the fact that I got trapped for 4 SB's pf or the fact that I got weak on the river. Any comments appreciated, as usual. Does anyone think the first flop call was completely out of line? Would anyone else just check the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 raises, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB 3-bets, MP1 caps, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB bets, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 caps, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (24 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Piiop
05-18-2004, 08:15 AM
I think you should bet the river.

I put MP1 on AA, BB on QQ or JJ, which leaves the SB as the only one to worry about. If he's holding a 2 or a 7 and has decided to not bet/raise with it then too bad for him. You'll definitely get called by MP1 and BB. Even if the SB check-raises, the pot is so huge by now it would be an easy call.

I don't think the preflop call is that bad if you'll be able to either drop it easily or get paid off big when you hit. It would also depend on MP1 and 2's preflop standards.

Festus22
05-18-2004, 08:21 AM
PF call is OK if you're pretty sure there would be at least 2 more cold callers, which usually happens.

Played fine up to the river. Someone with a 7 already made a straight on the turn and I would guess you'd have heard from that hand already. The river 3 only helps someone with a 2. Since it was capped PF, I'd say a 2 somewhere is unlikely but then again, we're talking micro Party here so anything is possible. I still think you should bet. I think you're good here at least half the time and probably will get 2 callers making it an easy value bet.

chief444
05-18-2004, 08:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you and Festus are both right. Definitely missed out on the river. Thanks for the input.

ZootMurph
05-18-2004, 11:23 AM
Yep... I bet until someone tells me to stop. No one there said anything, so I'm betting the river.