PDA

View Full Version : Improved AK

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 04:39 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Slightly curious line, but really I just posted this for the cute matching titles.

Preflop: akshawnd is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG raises, MP calls, Button folds, akshawnd 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls, MP caps, akshawnd calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
akshawnd bets, BB folds, UTG calls, MP raises, akshawnd 3-bets, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, UTG bets, MP calls, akshawnd raises, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (18.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, UTG bets, MP calls, akshawnd raises, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 24.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ts Ks (three of a kind, kings).
MP shows Ad Ac (two pair, aces and kings).
akshawnd shows Kc Ah (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 24.50 BB. </font>

krazyace5
05-18-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cute matching titles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Martha Stewart fan huh? JK /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't believe these guys keep falling for the CR, when I CR once I always lead out on the next card cause I figure people won't fall for it twice. Maybe that is something I will try for now on.

Schneids
05-18-2004, 07:13 AM
I've been liking my success rate employing the 3-bet the flop, followed by checkraising the turn.

I don't think I'd have had the gall to try checkraising the river here.

Apocalypse
05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
i think 'falling' for a second cr isn't the case. Its about putting your opponents on a hand you know they will bet if checked (and call if crsed) to because they think (sometimes rightfully) they got a good chance to win the pot. A hand they will bet if checked to and call if bet into.

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd have had the gall to try checkraising the river here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I would have felt like a real moron had that gotten checked through. I think it's close. But I had a decent feeling that middle guy just might have a King as well. I also didn't think he would raise if I bet out even if he did have that King.