PDA

View Full Version : Unimproved AK

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 04:36 AM
This guy is pretty standard in terms of aggression for 6-max. What do you think of this line?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: akshawnd is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, akshawnd raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, akshawnd bets, SB raises, akshawnd 3-bets, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, akshawnd checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB bets, akshawnd calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8s Ts (one pair, nines).
akshawnd shows Ad Ks (one pair, nines).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 7.50 BB. </font>

lil'
05-18-2004, 10:41 AM
I think it's fine. 3 betting the flop is the most important thing in my mind.

Gramps
05-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Just curious what your line is if he caps and leads the Turn.

Apocalypse
05-18-2004, 12:55 PM
pretty standard against pretty standard players HU right? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious what your line is if he caps and leads the Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold on the turn.

stripsqueez
05-18-2004, 08:20 PM
i think your line is good - i like betting the turn as well - i figure if he is bad enough to bet crap into me on the flop then he will be bad enough to call a turn bet and most of all i want to charge him for drawing

unless he is capable of more bluffing on the turn then i think betting the turn is a good option

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i like betting the turn as well

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the main question here. It was very close in my mind. I figured there was enough chance of him checkraising me w/ some garbage like A2 that a check was better - plus he'll fire a bluff w/ all sorts of crap at the end. However, many times I let him draw to six outs for free. So, I dunno.

Free draw for myself v. A2 or 33 plus collecting a river bluff bet a lot of times v. giving him a free draw to six outs.

Seems close.

scrub
05-19-2004, 03:56 AM
I'm an absolute neophyte at this stuff, but this is the line that I've had the most success with over the past month or so.

It's close, but I think the fact that the average party 6max player bluffs this river too often makes this the right line. Then again, it might just be that it's so analagous to playing a vulnerable hand likely to be the winner in NL and I just haven't transitioned enough yet...

scrub

Schneids
05-19-2004, 04:33 AM
The type of player who check raises the flop with no-draw ten-high and doesn't fold after getting three-bet isn't going to often fold to a turn bet.

Therefore, I think it's better to check the turn. If you bet and he check raises and gets you to fold a better hand, then you've lost the whole pot.

If he rivers you, he was probably going to anyway. It's important for you to avoid a catastrophe and give yourself a chance to win the pot.

That is worth more to me than trying to collect one extra bet when you may or may not be the best hand, but by doing so opening yourself up to the risk of folding a nice large pot you deserved to win.