PDA

View Full Version : Two Dear Friends of mine Finally Got Their Marriage License Yesterday

youtalkfunny
05-18-2004, 03:41 AM
...in Massachusetts.

I've known these two guys for almost 20 years now. I used to act in community theater shows after high school, and I met them there. Acting troups are a lot like sports teams, rock bands, or army units--you make some life-long friends there. I got arrested for a traffic thing when I was 19 (on my way to a rehearsal, in fact), and these two guys came down to the station to bail me out--they got the call because they lived near the police station, and I knew they were about to drive past it on their way to rehearsal.

That was almost 20 years ago. These guys are in their mid-50's now. They still live in the same house they bought 15 years ago. They co-own a business, an antiques store in Methuen Square. They are heavily involved in the community.

You just can't convince me that these guys SHOULDN'T be allowed to marry. Stupid people are allowed to marry, sociopaths are allowed to marry, VIOLENT CRIMINALS ARE ALLOWED TO MARRY...hell, MICHAEL JACKSON is allowed to marry!!!

"There are probably individuals that will challenge it. I'm confident that when those people realize that our right to marry does not affect them in any way, the hoopla will die down."

---quote from my friend, Denis Webster of Methuen, taken from the local paper (Lawrence Eagle-Tribune)

You know when someone says, "We're getting married!", and you reply, "I'm so happy for you!"??

I mean this sincerely: I've never been happier for two people about to marry, as I am in this case.

You may flame away.

(you flamers!!!)

GWB
05-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Congratulations to your friends.

They get a ceremony/certificate, and it might just win me enough extra votes to get reelected. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got few thousand more votes in Florida in 2000 because of the Elian Gonzales situation. While the kid got shipped back to a dictatorship, the free world got a great new President.

W

scalf
05-18-2004, 08:00 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif god bless your friends..

and their relationship and union..

let freedom ring..

gl

nice post..

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

benfranklin
05-18-2004, 12:42 PM
It's about time. Why should we hetero folk have to get married while those guys have been getting out of it forever? Now they can deal with all the crap about where have you been, and why can't you be like you were when we were dating, and pre-nups, and divorce, and community property. Welcome to the real world guys. Be careful what you wish for; you just might get it.

jokerswild
05-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Karl Rove must hate your ridiculous impersonation. So must the actual President. The real President responded with the declaration again that an amendment to the US constitution was needed.

Admitting that Elian Gonzalez was nothing more than a political football for Republicans is on target.

GWB
05-18-2004, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Karl Rove must hate your ridiculous impersonation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure he is completely obsessed with this issue. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Admitting that Elian Gonzalez was nothing more than a political football for Republicans is on target.

[/ QUOTE ]
I admitted no such thing. It was Clinton's football remember? And he sacrificed the future of a young boy for politics. I mearly reaped the benefit of the support of the people who were outraged by the Clinton administration's actions.

W

jokerswild
05-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Elian Gonzalez's Miami relatives received financing from CANF. This organization is run by former Bay of Pigs mercenaries loyal to George Herbert Walker Bush. It's no coincidence that JEB ran in Florida.

A few questions:

Why did the REAL George W. Bush buy Barry Seal's plane?
Does Charlie Colburn still play golf with the Bushes?
How much of Neal's Silverado funds were donated to the Bush campaigns?

GWB
05-18-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elian Gonzalez's Miami relatives received financing from CANF. This organization is run by former Bay of Pigs mercenaries loyal to George Herbert Walker Bush. It's no coincidence that JEB ran in Florida.

A few questions:

Why did the REAL George W. Bush buy Barry Seal's plane?
Does Charlie Colburn still play golf with the Bushes?
How much of Neal's Silverado funds were donated to the Bush campaigns?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I'm not interested in conspiracy theory type issues.

elwoodblues
05-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Most importantly, Who shot JR?

It all starts to read like a bad soap opera. Did you hear that Kerry's great-uncle twice removed once stole a chicken from Abe Lincoln's grandson's housekeeper?

benfranklin
05-18-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most importantly, Who shot JR?

It all starts to read like a bad soap opera. Did you hear that Kerry's great-uncle twice removed once stole a chicken from Abe Lincoln's grandson's housekeeper?

[/ QUOTE ]

And he sold the chicken to Col. Sanders for stock options in KFC, and lived happily ever after.

elwoodblues
05-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Don't forget, he then married in to big ketchup - I think it was a monopolistic maneuverer to try to consolidate fast food into one large corporate conglomorate --- bring KFC together with the controlling ketchup interests in McDonalds and Burger King and we have a big problem on our hands.

BeerMoney
05-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Methuen's a sissy town and the Rangers suck!

jokerswild
05-19-2004, 01:26 AM
You just confirmed that you aren't the President. Charlie Colburn is a oil man that regurlarly played golf with the then Vice President Bush.

Brother Niel did argue in court in Denver that he had this mental illness which didn't permit him to comprehend conflicts of interest. This is a matter of public record.

Barry Seals plane was bought by Texas, and Bush flew it many times. This is a matter of public record.

CANF leadership is a matter of public record.

The real President's conspiracy theory of Iraqi WMD is a matter of public record.

You are simply a fraud and a liar.

MMMMMM
05-19-2004, 02:06 AM
"You just confirmed that you aren't the President."

--jokerswild

GWB
05-19-2004, 07:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"You just confirmed that you aren't the President."

--jokerswild

[/ QUOTE ]

jokerswild has gone too far - we will be sending in the commandos.