PDA

View Full Version : Three laydown sitations.

Freudian
05-18-2004, 02:48 AM
When it rains it pours. These three situations came within 5 minutes. Two hands where I laid down, and one where I didnt.

Hand 1

UTG+1 is very loose preflop and likes to fold postflop if he gets the chance.

Button is close to a maniac but with less aggression (ie very loose and unpredictible). Featured in Hand 3 also.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks.

River: (6.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls $1.50 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between Button and UTG+1.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.25 BB, overbet by UTG+1.</font>

Hand 2

MP3 is very loose preflop and likes to go to the river.
Button is very loose preflop (you can tell I like this table?) but folds very easily postflop.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between MP3, Hero and Button.</font>

Hand 3:

MP1 is close to a maniac. Plays all kinds of hands preflop and goes to showdown 65%. Seems to normally like calling more than raising though.

MP2 is also very loose preflop but more normal postflop. Can lay down hands but prefers not to if he has a reason to stay in.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (14.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18.25 BB, between MP1 and MP2.</font>

What do you think about the laydowns in 1 and 3. Would you have folded in hand 2? How does the fact that my opponents were all very poor affect the situations?

Piiop
05-18-2004, 05:26 AM
Hand 1 - This flop looks like a good opportunity for a check-raise. You say UTG+1 likes to fold postflop, then give him the chance by check-raising the flop and forcing him to call 2 cold. Since you didn't do that, why not 3-bet? You said the button is almost a maniac - then why do you give him so much credit. Also, the button is almost all-in. You should definitely 3-bet the flop. I guess since you went into super weak-tight mode you can fold the river if you have an excellent read on UTG, but I don't think the hand was played very well.

Hand 2 - Consider betting the turn. Theres only one player to act behind you. Your opponents could be holding many, many hands that you're still ahead of. River is fine. You might've lost to somebody holding onto a 7, but you shouldn't fold that river.

Hand 3 - I like the fold here with your reads. We're assuming MP2 isn't raising with anything you're still beating and you have MP1 calling. Good laydown.

citizenkn
05-18-2004, 07:47 AM
I think the folds on hands 1 and 3 were good laydowns. On hand two, I think you have to bet the turn, then fold to a raise. But since you saw the river, I think the "please let us chop" call was OK.

Freudian
05-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I was going for a check-raise on the turn in hand 1 to make my opponents show their true color. I didn't expect it to get checked through no matter what my opponents had tbh. But now that it was I got the information I wanted I guess.

If anyone wants to make the case that I tried getting to fancy and it failed, I would probably have to agree. It is just my experience that players at this level don't respect a flop-raise nearly as much as a turn-raise. So it wasn't really weak-tight by intent, it just happened to turn out that way.

Hand 2 I considered betting the turn but I got the feeling one of them were fishing for a check-raise here. Alternatively all of them were on flushdraws and then I could come out betting on the river if no flush hits. Probably a bit weak but with 5 players still in the hand at the turn there was a pretty big chance someone liked the hand.

Freudian
05-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Results

Hand 1

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Kd 7s (two pair, kings and twos).
Button shows 8c Ac (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 7.75 BB. UTG+1 wins 0.25 BB.

I don't really like the way I played this hand. It is by far the worst of the three and the laydown is not very good, even though the pot isn't huge. I probably should call on the river in the future, even with such a small pot as this. That said, it saved me a couple of bets here since there is no way these guys fold a flushdraw no matter how many bets they have to coldcall.</font>

Hand 2

MP3 shows 5c Kd (straight, six high).
Hero shows Js Jc (straight, six high).
Button shows Qc Qd (straight, six high).
Outcome: MP3 wins 4.58 BB. Hero wins 4.58 BB. Button wins 4.58 BB.

Lucky river for me. Crying call that paid off. </font>

Hand 3

MP1 shows 3c 3h (three of a kind, threes).
MP2 shows 7h 8h (straight, nine high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 18.25 BB.

Raise on the turn on a 1/2 table=He got something. With a guy coldcalling I am definately beat on the turn.</font>