PDA

View Full Version : I guess sometimes respect is good....another Colma hand

SossMan
05-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I was getting slapped in the face with the deck at the Lucky Chances 9-18 while waiting for my tourney to start. So I was sitting on a mountain of chips, and I think this affected how others were playing me. Here's an example...

I open raise w/ KJs in MP, folded to the button who calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop is K J 4 rainbow....blinds check, I bet, button folds, blinds call.
Turn is 7 (suits irrelevent). checked to me I bet my top 2, SB calls, BB folds.

River is a 7, which I can't imagine would help him...he checks, I bet, he calls.

I show my top two and actually flip the dealer a buck when he shows me pocket 4's for the flopped set and rivered boat.

He says he put me on KK. I laughed and told the dealer to keep the chip, she earned it.

DiamondDave
05-20-2004, 03:52 PM
People like to slowplay big hands in that game. It's all about taking the free cards when they hand them out.

Last time I was there I raised three limpers from the CO with ATs. I flopped a gutshot, checked behind on the flop, checked behind on the turn, and folded ace-high on the river when one of the limpers finally bet his top two pair.

andyfox
05-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, this wasn't a slowplay, the guy actually thought his set and subsequent full house might not have been good. Otherwise he check-raises the river.