PDA

View Full Version : second of two B&M 3-6 hands

mosta
05-17-2004, 05:08 PM
sitting with my complete beginner friend at AJ's 3-6 on a weekend night. this hand occurred before the first hand, in my other post, ie before the raise-any guys joined. I've put money voluntarily once. (limped with 44 on my second hand. flopped set. didn't get called on turn.)

Kh 8h. I'm happy to limp in with something like this, but there's no raise and I'm in the big blind, so don't have to.

Ah Ks Th. I bet out, get raised by next. One cold caller and I call.

small club. I check. checks around.

small heart. I check, looking to check raise. surely someone has to bet this, another flush or something. nope. checks around. well played. raiser had AT. my flush is good. I think this hand's more interesting than the other one.

Chobohoya
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Seems like a pretty tight table if two pair got checked around like that on the turn. I would bet the river hoping for a crying call or a misplayed straight. Obviously it's great if someone else has a flush.

Lost Wages
05-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Pair + nut flush draw = reraise the flop, lead the turn.

Shameful to let it check thru twice.

Lost Wages

Ulysses
06-04-2004, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
surely someone has to bet this, another flush or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet so you can 3-bet a flush, maybe even getting a bet or two from someone stuck in the middle. Either they have a flush or they don't. If they don't they are quite unlikely to bet after checking through the turn, but a lot of hands can call. And if they have a flush, as I said earlier, bet.

Squirrel
06-04-2004, 03:46 PM
I would have 3 bet the flop.

Why did AT check the turn? odd. As others have said, you have to bet your hand on the river. On your best days the cold caller will have made a flush and will raise.

Not sure why you would go for a checkraise on the river. Flop raiser probably wouldn't be on a flush draw, that is a more likely hand for the cold caller. No sense in checkraising him and forcing the flop raiser to call 2 cold on the river.

KingSix
06-05-2004, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did AT check the turn? odd

[/ QUOTE ]

Because many LL players will automatically assume the worst. They may only raise in that situation on that flop with a set or straight. I'm sure many here always hear the "Gee...I thought you had <blank>" after they raise with big draws or to get a free card. In this particular case, maybe they were worried about the cold call.....hard to say in this specific case.

On this hand, not knowing the player, I would likely pop him again on the flop and bet the turn. The additional "scare" you are likely to get for the extra $3 on the flop will probably get his mind working. Unfortunately, if you don't get there and have to show it down, they may start to assume you are a "bluffer" and you may not be able to make steals and free card moves later on.

King

Squirrel
06-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Yeah, like I said I 3 bet this flop. In fact, if I flop a pair and the nut flush draw with at least 2 opponents, I usually keep raising until the dealer says I can't anymore.

This is a perfect time to show my opponents that I'm willing to "gamble" with them when I'm pretty sure I don't hold the "best" hand.

Most 3/6 players call too much anyway, so I would like to have the reputation as a bluffer.