PDA

View Full Version : didnt know what to do here,was i weak?

Noodles
05-17-2004, 03:59 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Noodles is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, Noodles completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Noodles checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Noodles calls, BB folds.
Hadnt seen any over aggressive play or bluffs from this guy before,but should i have tried a 2 bet?if he just called what would i do on the turn?

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Noodles checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Noodles calls.

River: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Noodles checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Noodles calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7 BB, between Noodles and UTG+2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Noodles (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Noodles shows Js Qd (two pair, queens and fours).
UTG+2 shows 8h Ac (one pair, fours).
Outcome: Noodles wins 7 BB. </font>

CardCuda
05-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Yuck -

I really dislike this hand (QJo) for this specific reason. Without leading out on the flop or maybe check-raising (player dependent) I'm in "unknownville" blah.

I'd most likely bet out the flop here, if raised, well i'm probably gone. If called I'm leading the turn if it comes blank.

I dunno I rarely if ever play this hand.

MaxPower
05-17-2004, 04:25 PM
check - call
check - call
check - call

Yeah, I'd say that is weak.

You only have 3 opponents and no one has shown strength before the flop. Bet out on the flop.

Better to be the aggressor with the worst hand than the caller with the worst hand.

LetsRock
05-17-2004, 04:46 PM
I think you would have been better off leading out on the flop. This gives you the chance to take control of the hand. If you get raised, you'll know better where you stand. But he can't raise if you don't bet, so you left yourself in the dark. I don't think a check raise is in order here - do you really want to face a 3-bet with #2 pr, decent kicker?

If you bet out, you may just take the pot down immediately, which is the closest to a negative affect I can imagine.

Noodles
05-17-2004, 04:48 PM
yes that makes sense ,thanks

Sarge85
05-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Boy I'm going to go out on a limp here and say after MP3 folds I'd Check-Raise the flop.

Maybe the pot's not big enough to bother with, but it beats check calling, and giving the BB something to catch.

People are saying, bet the flop and take control of the hand and fold to the raise...but that's assuming you'll get raised - a weak King will just call you down.

I think CRing here is an acceptable play.

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif