PDA

View Full Version : First hand review

strateego
05-17-2004, 03:18 PM
I'm pretty new to poker. I've been playing playing online for about two months. Anyway here is my first hand for some peer review. This table was pretty loose and had just lost 3 player in two hands.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (6.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, Button calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Jd (two pair, aces and jacks).
Button shows Qs Qd (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.20 BB. </font>

Did I completely over play this hand in my position?
Should I have lead out and bet the flop with my TPTK?
Any other advise for this play would be nice.
Should I have put him on the over pair?

Thanks for any help.

ProfLupin
05-17-2004, 03:22 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Your opponent should have raised you on the flop and then you can start thinking about the overpair. They way he played it, it looked much more like AK or AQ and I'd have played it the same way you did.

Good luck, keep posting!

tech
05-17-2004, 03:26 PM
Welcome!

You did fine here. Pretty standard stuff on all streets. Button just did not play his hand very well.

MortalNuts
05-17-2004, 03:26 PM
I like it just fine on all streets.

most of the time, I would put Button on like AK/AQ here, not QQ.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

namknils
05-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Good hand, you played it perfectly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome,
-nam

cjromero
05-17-2004, 05:44 PM
You played it just the way I did. I can't believe the button didn't raise on that flop. You should hope to run into him again in the future.

From one newbie to another, welcome to the forum.