PDA

View Full Version : reraise this flop?

chezlaw
05-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Paradise $5/$10 5 max

I'm in the big blind with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG calls, CO calls, Button raises, SB calls we all call. 5 to the flop

flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I check, UTG checks, CO bets, button raises, I reraise

I reraised because as well as probably having the best hand I might as well pressurise any lone diamonds. You never know I may get a small flush to do something stupid /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The alternative is to call and go for a check raise on the turn if no diamond appears.

Any thoughts?

stripsqueez
05-17-2004, 07:17 AM
play the flop the way that gets the most money in - your choice seems ok to me - i probably prefer betting out because i fancy the chances that i'll get to 3 bet

i figure your just a guy with a big diamond or a king on the flop - if you check raise the turn you look more like a guy with a flush - which would you prefer ?

full school in a 5/10 paradise 5 max game !! - not sure if i'm happy or sad to hear your advice that these games are getting looser these days

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

chezlaw
05-17-2004, 07:44 AM
It was a great table. I would normally prefer to look like a guy with a big diamond but at this table I doubt it matters.

Either way your saying to concentrate on getting the max in on the flop and worry about the turn later?

kiddo
05-17-2004, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i probably prefer betting out because i fancy the chances that i'll get to 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, bet out and reraise any raise, people will often stay in with pretty weak draws and toppair good kicker. You got 1/3 to hit house before showdown, dont worry about turn on flop.