PDA

View Full Version : The proper way to suck out.

BugsBunny
05-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

Results:
BB shows Kd 2h (one pair, kings).
Hero shows Ac Tc (straight flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB.

Robk
05-17-2004, 11:41 AM
Nice. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I would have checked the turn. With your opponent showing strength on a ragged K high flop after you were the preflop raiser, it suggests he has a hand he won't be folding. Your turn bet doesn't have to win the pot very often to show an immediate profit, but IMO it almost never will. And since the Q wasn't an overcard, you'll find yourself getting raised by top pair often. You've got a nice draw, but you're still a 2:1 dog against top pair.

Also I would have check raised the river, because I think you'll rarely get raised after betting into him 3 consecutive times, and because typical players will bet for value most all hands they raise twice.

kiddo
05-17-2004, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also I would have check raised the river, because I think you'll rarely get raised after betting into him 3 consecutive times, and because typical players will bet for value most all hands they raise twice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, 100% agree. He will not put you on the flushdraw.