PDA

View Full Version : K6s in SB

Freudian
05-17-2004, 04:12 AM
No read on CO.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

Questions:

Should I raise on the flop? My reason not to was that I wanted to keep the hands that couldn't beat me in.
Should I cap the turn?
Should I bet out on the river? His reraise on the turn scared me a bit since I had no read on him at all and I did not want to face a re-raise on the river. Too scared? I thought about bet and call a raise.

sin808
05-17-2004, 06:28 AM
This might be the wrong play, but I raise the flop, call the 3-bet on the turn (I may not have raised, but I'd guess that would also be wrong), and call the river.

Peter Harris
05-17-2004, 07:25 AM
raise flop
bet/3-bet/cap turn
lead out river.

You lose to the nut flush, and these people will raise with T-hi flushes like the nuts. The number of times you lose to Axs will be fewer than the wins.

Peter Harris

chief444
05-17-2004, 07:46 AM
You should have gotten far more bets in than you did. I see no reason not to at least cap the turn and lead out on the river. If you lost to the nut flush then so be it. But you are good here well over half of the time.

Also, I wouldn't normally slowplay the non-nut flush on the flop.

bakku
05-17-2004, 08:01 AM
what he said

sfer
05-17-2004, 09:39 AM
Why in the name of all that is good and holy would you intend to checkraise the turn when the CO bet the flop? How is that going to keep players in? Why didn't you just bet this flop?

And why aren't you capping the turn and leading the river? You're aware that you have the second best possible hand, right?

Chris Daddy Cool
05-17-2004, 09:54 AM
Go nuts on the flop. Go nuts on the turn. Lead out on the river.

Rico Suave
05-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Hey Freudian:

Bet your hand! Lead on the flop. You do not want to miss bets by letting this check around, and if you are raised on the flop, you can consider then whether to 3 bet or c/r the turn.

Since you decided to slow play, I would cap the turn and lead the river.

--Rico