PDA

View Full Version : Thinner

Ulysses
05-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: akshawnd is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, akshawnd raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, akshawnd bets, BB raises, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, akshawnd bets, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, akshawnd bets

Clarkmeister
05-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Unlike your other hand, that's thin, though his turn check makes me think you are in good shape as they usually bet again if they have two pair/set or a diamond.

I like to 3-bet the flop because my hand is so well disguised. If I don't, its because I think I can successfully semibluff raise the turn against them.

stripsqueez
05-17-2004, 04:39 AM
do you want to make an argument that a better hand folds ? - i didnt think so - question is what is he going to call with consistent with this betting that you beat ? - i could believe that 3 kings will call but i dont figure he has that

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

TwoNiner
05-17-2004, 05:57 AM
I think you will get called down by a top/middle pair with crap diamond more often from the big blind then any losing hand he could have but I play the 5-10 loony bin.

Renaud Desferet
05-17-2004, 06:05 AM
While I often bet non flush on 4 flush board, I want to know that they probably have a good flopped hand that I can beat(typically top pair weak kicker).
Here the check raise on the flop followed by a turn check is weird and would be a rarity in my game. Unless he is very passive, it eliminates all decent flopped hands that he would be prone to call the river with.
My guess is that he has a weak hand with a diamond and chose the passive path.
Typical hands are small pocket pairs with a diamond,Asxd, 3x4d if he defends blinds etc...
All in all, the probability of having a small diamond seems too high here.
OTOH, I will never lose sleep on a too thin value bet, especially when one plays the same game for 2000 hours a year.

Renaud Desferet
05-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Oh well, in the games I play, a samll diamond would bet the river. I would bet the river and be prepared to call a raise against someone I respect but the turn/river plays are just too weird. The BB seems passive/fishy to me.

1800GAMBLER
05-17-2004, 07:52 AM
I've had 2nd and 3rd pairs call me regulary in this situation. The annoying part is when he c/rs me and i sit there knowing i should fold and just can't make it.

Vehn
05-17-2004, 08:30 AM
You can't bet this river if you can't fold to a raise IMO.

lil'
05-17-2004, 10:43 AM
BB is raising the flop and calling the turn, so he's got something he wants to show down, and it doesn't have to be a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

1800GAMBLER
05-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Yea. I don't expect to be good 2:1, but there are sometimes in which the raise comes and i have the balls to fold.

mikelow
05-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Actually, the bet isn't that thin. A small diamond may fold.

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 01:45 AM
In this game a diamond will never fold here.

Ulysses
05-18-2004, 01:52 AM
Here's what I thought. The guy has something he likes on the flop. Either a flush draw or a King, probably. Well, the turn sure doesn't look like a flush draw, so it was probably a mediocre King. And if he had a hand he liked on the flop that had a single diamond in it, I think he'd bet out on the turn. So, I put him on something decent on the flop, no diamond. On the river, I figured he likely just made trips, a hand that probably makes a crying call. He thought forever and called. He had T3o, black. Yahoo!