PDA

View Full Version : Do you make this play?

BeerMoney
05-17-2004, 12:56 AM
I made this play based on my experience that low limit players don't bet their trips. I was real excited it worked.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: BeerMoney is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(DoucheBag)</font> calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BeerMoney checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BeerMoney checks, <font color="CC3333">DoucheBag bets</font>, MP3 folds, BeerMoney calls.

Turn: (2.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BeerMoney checks, <font color="CC3333">DoucheBag bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BeerMoney raises</font>, DoucheBag calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BeerMoney bets</font>, DoucheBag folds.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.75 BB, won by BeerMoney.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by BeerMoney.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BeerMoney shows Qs Tc (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: BeerMoney wins 7.75 BB. </font>

Dieter01
05-17-2004, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't make it. I don't think you will get away with this nearly enough times to justify it. You need semi-bluff cards at the very least...

Cardinal fu**n rule: Always leave yourself outs!

Chris Moneymaker rocks!

(If I mention Moneymaker in the same post as a Rounders quote... Is that an autoban?)

sfer
05-17-2004, 01:18 AM
I don't think it's fine given several conditions:

1. You KNOW DoucheBag can lay down a hand. You know this for reasons like he raised preflop and folded somewhere for a single bet, he has folded before to turn aggression when he was betting the whole way, or something similar.

2. Obviously, MP folds the flop.

3. DoucheBag is capable of making a move at this flop.

4. You're pretty sure DoucheBag is aware and respects your play.

Like Dieter points out, these are conditions that are rare at 0.5/1, but if these are the reasons behind your line of play (and if you plan on folding to a turn 3-bet), I like it a lot.

But really, I wanted to type DoucheBag several times.

sfer
05-17-2004, 01:53 AM
I am a moron and very tired. That first sentence should read, "I think it's fine given several conditions:"

This is what happens when you write "I don't think it's bad.." but try to change it to "I think it's fine..." when it's past your bedtime. /images/graemlins/frown.gif