PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos - Heading for the toilet?

Slacker13
05-16-2004, 10:25 PM
My first time in this forum, I am assuming by the title of "Other Topics" I can post whatever in here, if I am wrong I apologize. Now to my post:
I am a die hard Sopranos fan but this season and most particular tonights episode is the absolute worst. It's the first time I got up before the show had finished and did not stay for the end. What is up this year? I was excited when I heard that Steve Buscemi was cast for the show and even his charactor is lame. Had to rant.

Vehn
05-16-2004, 11:46 PM
I like this season actually. I liked this episode too. Meh.

Joe Tall
05-17-2004, 12:05 AM
I like this season actually. I liked this episode too. Meh.

You liked the 25min dream sequence?

The season is ok. There are a lot of loose ends to tie up in 2 weeks.

At least there were no random shots of the Black Bear in the back year.

Oh, and where did the boy-friend, marriage thing go? He gets one f-d up, interesting episode and then...nothing.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Vehn
05-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I liked the dream sequence a helluva lot more than:

- anything to do with Melfi

- listening to Junior bitch about nothing

- the utterly unwatchable Carmela affair storyline

- Janice

Slacker13
05-17-2004, 12:12 AM
I think I just don't like those damn dream episodes and I have been waiting for something big from Steve Buscemi, he is an actor that I really like and usually adds alot to any movie he is in. They just haven't shown enough of Pauly, Silvio and that gang as much this year. Even though I am ranting about the show this season guess where I will be at 9pm eastern next Sunday?
Answer in white below.
<font color="white"> In front of my TV watching the Sopranos - (I won't give up that easy)</font>

Slacker13
05-17-2004, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least there were no random shots of the Black Bear in the back year.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, what is with the damn bear? My wife is convinced it's foreshadowing and that Carmella gets eaten alive in the final episode.

MaxPower
05-17-2004, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, and where did the boy-friend, marriage thing go? He gets one f-d up, interesting episode and then...nothing.

Peace,
Joe Tall

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the way it works on the Sopranos. They start these really interesting plot threads and then they just abandon them.

I actually like it that way. It stops the show from turning into a soap opera.

Vehn
05-17-2004, 11:09 AM
er this is a male soap opera.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-17-2004, 12:18 PM
I have been waiting for something big from Steve Buscemi

How much bigger than being the catalyst to an all-out war between NY and NJ can he be?

Buscemi has played his character's subtle animosity towards Tony S to perfection. Self-destructive, passive-aggressive. I think he deserves an Emmy. Totally psycho the way he plays up to Christopher on the farm then turns on him at dinner later with Tony.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-17-2004, 12:25 PM
I liked the dream sequence, too, but it was too long. They could've kept the drift and cut it by 4 or 5 minutes. Plus the show ended before 9:50. There's so much going on, I would have loved a couple of quick takes with Johnny Sack and Little Carmine. There's a shootin' war brewin' and a little more lead in from the NY side would be nice.

youtalkfunny
05-18-2004, 01:39 AM
Anybody remember when....

...we used to watch robberies, and hi-jackings, and bodies being cut up for disposal, instead of parent-teacher conferences????

...Uncle Junior was a deadly man to tangle with, instead of a buffoon?

...Tony would bang hot-looking women, whom we'd never see again, and from whom we'd never hear a word?

...there was sexual tension in Melfi's office?

...Meadow would occassionally say something interesting?

...the women on the show were seen, and not heard?

blackaces13
05-18-2004, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just don't like those damn dream episodes and I have been waiting for something big from Steve Buscemi, he is an actor that I really like and usually adds alot to any movie he is in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew a lot of people would be on the Sopranos for "nothing happening" last week. Funny you should also mention Steve Buschemi along those lines.

Contrary to poular belief something DID happen on the Sopranos last week. Tony B. shot Phil Leotardo and killed his brother! This is HUGE. A NY/NJ war, which has been brewing for weeks, is now imminent.

Are we to the point where we have to actually see the bullet holes and spurting blood before we will understand that something happened? I hope not. The Sopranos is above having to show severed body parts to appease their audience. Last night's episode was ballsy in that they used some artistic liscence to let us get inside Tony's head and I thought it was great, and weird too. The plot thickened in a major way last night and I can't wait for the last 2 episodes.

Sopranos is still the best show on TV and I'm still as hooked as ever.