PDA

View Full Version : Transfering notes: PP-->Empire

aesic
05-16-2004, 08:13 PM
I just created a account in Empire. Is there a way to transfer notes made in Party Poker to Empire? I do have Poker Tracker if that is helpful or necessary in transfering notes.

-aesic

moondogg
05-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Import your Party notes into PokerTracker.
Export the notes from PokerTracker to Empire.

illunious
05-16-2004, 09:16 PM
The notes files are exactly the same.. notes.txt in the client directory. You can just copy and overwrite the file.

aesic
05-16-2004, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the two good repsonses.

-aesic

Bump-en-Stein
05-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Can I do this transferring Party player notes to UB or CardPlayer Poker? This would help me allot because sometimes I see some of the same players at CardPlayer and UB, therefore it seems obvious some are playing at Party.

Lost Wages
05-18-2004, 03:32 PM
The real question is how do you combine the notes. Overwriting your Empire notes.txt file just wipes out any notes that you have taken while playing there.

Lost Wages

aas
05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The real question is how do you combine the notes. Overwriting your Empire notes.txt file just wipes out any notes that you have taken while playing there.

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Import those to pokertracker first.

CountDuckula
05-18-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lost Wages

[/ QUOTE ]

Import those to pokertracker first.

[/ QUOTE ]

To elaborate on this, the right way to do it is to import your notes from Party and Empire to PokerTracker. Then export the combined notes to both. I'm not sure, though, what happens if you have notes on the same player on each site; it could either store whichever ones you imported most recently, or combine them somehow (I lean toward thinking the former, myself).

-Mike

NoChance
05-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Party skins do not allow duplicate names. You wont have this problem. That is why you can't have the same name at any Party skin.

Also, I don't think copying notes from Party (and it's skins) to UB or Stars will work. They are still a text file but the notes are organized differently. Poker Tracker keeps track of what site each name is located at and therefore would not combine the notes anyway. And just because you play with a name that is the same on Party and UB/Stars, it does not mean it's the same person.

CORed
05-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I haven't played on Empire, but the Party Poker notes.txt file is a simple text file. If Empire uses the same format, you should be able to append the contents of one file to the other. The only problem would be if you had notes for the same player in both files. Most likely, the client would only find the first instance in the file. Another thing you could try would be to put a shortcut to the Empire file in your Pary directory or vice versa (shortcut would be named "notes.txt". This should result in both clients writing notes to the same file.

CORed
05-18-2004, 04:34 PM
The problem is that if you are playing and keeping notes on more than one Party skin, you can have notes on a player from any Party skin. The skins all share the same tables for cash games. So even though you are playing on Party, you oponnent may be playing on Empire. So, you could easily end up with notes for the same player from both Party and Empire (or any other skins). As far as I know, there is no way of knowing which skin your opponent is actually playing on (aside from asking him and hoping he gives you a truthful answer.

CountDuckula
05-18-2004, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party skins do not allow duplicate names. You wont have this problem. That is why you can't have the same name at any Party skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, your name can't be the same. But if you are on a table via Empire, and someone else is on a table via Party, your notes will be stored with their Party ID, even though you are playing from Empire. For example, I log into Party as CountDuckula, and take some notes on a guy going by Fred1234. I later log into Empire as CountDucky, and again take some notes on a guy going by Fred1234 (I might or might not remember that I have notes on him from my Party session). It doesn't matter which site he's playing from; my Empire notes and my Party notes will each contain notes for Fred1234.

That is what I'm referring to; if you have taken notes on the same player ID while you were playing at different times on both Party and Empire, will the notes get merged under PT, or will the most recently imported notes overwrite the earlier imported?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't think copying notes from Party (and it's skins) to UB or Stars will work. They are still a text file but the notes are organized differently. Poker Tracker keeps track of what site each name is located at and therefore would not combine the notes anyway. And just because you play with a name that is the same on Party and UB/Stars, it does not mean it's the same person.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that was part of the original question. Someone else may have asked about those other sites later (I didn't notice; I was just skimming the responses), but the original question was just asking about Party and Empire.

[Edit: Ok, I looked again and saw that question; your response is indeed correct about that.]

-Mike

illunious
05-18-2004, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking recommending that. I guess as a quick one-time thing it would work, but to keep the files synchronized, pokertracker is the way to go.