PDA

View Full Version : Troy v Gladiator & Braveheart

Bill Murphy
05-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Hell, if G & BH(& Unforgiven, FTM) got all the Oscars they did, what are they going to do for Troy, give it a super-Oscar?

I was surprised how much I liked T. I thought it came close to LOTR; excellent cast & source material. Miles better than G or BH. The special effects/CGI battles were much better in LOTR, of course, but Pitt & Bana did very good jobs in the action sequences.

One of the main things I liked about it was that there were no "wink-winks" to modern audiences; e.g. "Make my day" type lines. Even LOTR fell down a bit in this regard.

Anyway, check it out. If the rest of the year's movies suck as bad as most have so far(save for Eternal Sunshine), T should get some Oscars, esp. Brian Cox(the original, & best, Hannibal Lecter) for Supp Actor as Agememnon.

IrishHand
05-16-2004, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Miles better than G or BH.

[/ QUOTE ]
This had better be the greatest movie of all-time then, since I've got Braveheart in my all-time top 10 and Gladiator in my top 20 (in part due to its similarities to Braveheart). I look forward to seeing it in the next couple of weeks.

Homer
05-16-2004, 11:15 PM
This had better be the greatest movie of all-time then, since I've got Braveheart in my all-time top 10 and Gladiator in my top 20 (in part due to its similarities to Braveheart). I look forward to seeing it in the next couple of weeks.

Get ready to be disappointed.

Ragnar
05-17-2004, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get ready to be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are just unhappy because you don't like what they did with your book. Oh wait--you are a different Homer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ragnar

Inthacup
05-17-2004, 01:49 PM
I think it's better than what the critics are saying about it, but it's certainly not the best epic movie I've seen.

Cup

TimTimSalabim
05-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I hear that Brad Pitt plays Achilles, which seems like a total miscast. Achilles is supposed to be a big, superstrong guy.