PDA

View Full Version : More Hands from Your Boy Dids

B Dids
05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Dids wins 7.25 BB. </font>

Is this even a semi-bluff? It worked, but do you take it this far?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Dids calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Dids calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Dids folds.

River: (8.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

UTG+1 shows Kd Ac (one pair, kings).
MP3 shows Ts 5h (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 10.50 BB. </font>

Is the pre-flop cold call OK? Amusing, because I'd guessed that both players had what they did and almost staying in thinking my 10 was good.

Preflop: Dids is MP3 with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Dids calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Dids calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Dids shows 3h 3s (three of a kind, threes).
CO shows 8s Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Dids wins 19.50 BB. </font>

CO was fun to play with. He'd go crazy with any flush draw and any piece of the pot.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Dids bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Dids shows Tc Ac (one pair, tens).
SB shows 8s Td (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Dids wins 10.50 BB. </font>

SB is MP3 from the other ATs hand. Calling stations are fun. Is leading out at this flop OK?

B Dids
05-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Nudge (yeah, I have no patience today).

JSD
05-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Dids,

#1 (AJo) - Looks fine. Since you are heads-up on the turn, I think continuing your semi-bluff is okay. If a few players had stuck around, I'm giving up on it unless the turn is a heart, ace or jack.

#2 (ATs) - I fold pre-flop against an UTG+1 raise. The flop is close - you're getting 12:1 on your call, but not closing the action. You may have 5 outs or you may have 2 outs. Its situations like these that make me realized that folding ATs pre-flop to an EP raise is probably a good choice.

#3 (33) - Looks good. Gotta love getting that much post-flop action with your sets. Great example of why its silly to slowplay them until the turn. Hope you didn't get beat by 55 (I didn't look at the results).

#4 (ATs) - Hmm... I don't like any of it. I gotta say that you look like the maniac here Dids. I check my option pre-flop. And I just plain give up on that flop. You have a gutshot and a questionable overcard and NO diamonds. Let it go. The ten on the turn gives you 3rd pair but kills your Ace outs. The river is about as good a card as you can hope for, but did you really think you were good enough to bet?

B Dids
05-16-2004, 06:59 PM
Regarding the last hand.

1- the table was really passive and very calling station, and I thought I could pick off people bluffing that I had the flush. (plus I hate to back down after preflop strenght- I know- bad idea). I agree I wouldn't make this play on other tables, and if anybody had raised I would have folded with the quickness.

2- Once I paired and no diamond fell, I felt good betting it.

3- By the time it was heads up against the calling station I felt really good about my hand. I was very sure I was good at that point.

uuDevil
05-17-2004, 01:28 AM
Dids,

1. Yes, it's a semibluff. With 4 opponents, it's a marginal play at these limits, I think. Of course, 2 of them had checked, but the flop has 2 hearts, so it is less likely everyone will fold. Once you got it down to heads up, betting the blank on the turn makes sense.

2. I'd fold pf.

3. CO is my kind of opponent!

4. Too aggressive overall for me, but the only action I really question is the bet on the end.

aslowjoe
05-17-2004, 08:16 PM
All answers with a grain of salt
1.great
2. On the flop I raise or fold
3. okay
4. I wouln't raise preflop with the bad positon. The rest???????