PDA

View Full Version : Let it Go Or See it Thru?

Lost Wages
05-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Lost Wages

Thomsen
05-16-2004, 03:11 PM
I would muck it no redraws

thirddan
05-16-2004, 05:47 PM
i would toss it, you don't have a strong hand compared to the board or the action, there are also not many cards that you want to see on the river and youre gonna have to pay off 2BB to call down here...

Piers
05-16-2004, 07:01 PM
I fold the turn. In my experience in these games, if I get the last bet in on the flop with position but they still lead the turn then they usualy have it. Proabably four outs to split.

Lost Wages
05-17-2004, 08:41 AM
I did fold to the turn bet.

The reason that I posted this hand is that I don't think it is easy to put the BB on a hand. I raised preflop so it would be reasonable for him checkraise the flop with any pair figuring that the flop didn't help me. He could also have slowplayed an overpair since the pot was headsup, or of course he could have 2 pair, a set or an OESD. When I three-bet the flop he probably puts me on an overpair. From his perspective, the nine on the turn has to be more of a scare card to me than to him since he doesn't figure me for a six so again, he could be betting with as little as one pair. The turn bet seemed suspicious to me. If he had really turned a straight, why would he not go for a checkraise against the flop 3 bettor. Perhaps he was afraid I would check behind. In the end, I decided that I was behind most of the time here and was drawing slim or dead.

Lost Wages

StellarWind
05-17-2004, 11:33 AM
When I am BB in this situation I will not hesitate to play this aggressively with any pair unless I think my opponent is passive. The 3-bet looks like a free card play and I will treat it as such.

You will often have the best hand. You have 5-10 outs against an overpair or two pair.

How can you fold without a read?