PDA

View Full Version : 55

RustyCJ
05-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 18 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (18 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Tc 9s (full house, nines full of tens).
Hero shows 5h 5c (full house, fives full of nines).
Outcome: UTG wins 18 BB. </font>

During the hand I considered T9 but figured ATs was more likely. I thought not 3-betting with T9 was very weak, afterall I could have AT and just raising TPTK. Was my play on the river too strong? Should I have just called the 3 bet?

Rico Suave
05-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey Rusty:

looks fine to me.

--Rico

blackaces13
05-16-2004, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have just called the 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. He would probably play trips the same way. The cap seems good to me.

cjromero
05-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I think capping was fine. I would have played it the same way. You can't really play scared of not having the best full house in that situation. You will win more often than not, and much more often that necessary to make the cap worthwhile.