PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:35 AM
BB is a regular here....

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, akshawnd raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, BB checks.

Turn: (2 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
akshawnd bets, BB raises, akshawnd 3-bets, BB caps, akshawnd calls.

River: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
akshawnd bets, BB raises, akshawnd calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Comments?

Vagos
05-16-2004, 04:53 AM
If I had to guess, I'd think the BB has A9. I think he'd bet AT or AJ on the flop, but I'm not sure who this "regular" is. Also, any hand like JJ, TT, or 99 is a 3 bet preflop I think. He obviously wouldn't raise the river with something like JT or T9. So I narrow it down to A9. Of course, he could have KQ too /images/graemlins/grin.gif.
-Andy

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:57 AM
I like that analysis. I considered 3-betting, but then put him on A9 for just about the same reason as you, with a hope that he also had KQ.

Ikke
05-16-2004, 09:24 AM
Why on earth did you check the flop? Seems very suspicious.

I think he has AT, A9 or maybe a bad ace (slim chance). I don't think he has KQ or any set. He would raise those PF and would likely bet the flop to get excessive action, because he knows you are likely to have hit the flop as well after that check. Or maybe I'm wrong and you check the flop a lot in those situations after raising preflop, but I can't see how that could be a more profitable strategy.

Regards

stripsqueez
05-16-2004, 09:55 AM
if i'm to assume that the BB is a decent player and knows your a decent player then i'm struggling to put him on a hand

i dont see A9 as a likely hand - at least i dont see why its more or less likely than A10 or AJ - i probably 3 bet these hands pre-flop most of the time - i do know that if i was the BB your not winning or splitting this pot when i raise the river

i dont get the flop check either - your expected to bet the flop 90%+ in this scenario so why check now

i cant finish without nominating a hand so i'm going for AA

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

fyodor
05-16-2004, 10:35 AM
The BB must have made at least a full house. If he starts wtih AJ, AT, A9 he bets the flop.
I therefore put him on AA, JJ, TT or 99.
All of these he could have checked preflop either not to scare you or just to see where he stood.

daryn
05-16-2004, 12:15 PM
you think he bets the flop with A9?

James282
05-16-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i do know that if i was the BB your not winning or splitting this pot when i raise the river

[/ QUOTE ]

So would you fold if you were in Ulysses' spot against a known solid player when the river is raised?
-James

Clarkmeister
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Betting the river was retarded.

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit being gay.

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth did you check the flop? Seems very suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked only because it was against this specific player. He has shown a willingness to defend and see a flop, but then fold to a flop bet if he misses. I felt the real risk of him folding to a single flop bet here was enough to make it worth checking here. I wanted to maximize the chances of him making some kind of hand he liked alright. Against any other opponent who will almost never fold and often auto-raise a flop like this, I'm betting every time.

Clarkmeister
05-16-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit being gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not. Your river bet was totally retarded. You are supremely screwed there most of the time, and only like one time in 20 are you going to find someone temporarily insane enough to raise you with Q8 there. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

James282
05-16-2004, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
temporarily insane enough

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this terminology. Next time I say something gay and retarded to my girlfriend when I am drunk I will plead that I am simply "temporarily insane." /images/graemlins/smile.gif

When I was playing last night it reminded me of the one and only time I drove drunk---my overall judgment was not horrible, but when it comes to quick reactions they are off just enough to seriously [censored] you. As soon as I hit raise I was like, wow I'm an idiot, the board paired, ah! I was pleased so simply see him call and for a brief moment I prayed he had 78 or something. I did indeed have Q8 and laughed pretty hard after he called and I realized what a dumbass I was.

As to the way Ulysses played his hand - I had already figured out that his flop checks are very suspicious. He knows I can release when I don't have the odds to draw and he knows that I know that he will usually bet the flop after he has raised preflop. I figured him for precisely 2 pair or a set, which makes my river raise all the more dubious. As for his river bet, it does look like check-calling is best. But I really can't offer any analysis on that point because I was the lag fish who raised the river with like the 20th nuts /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-James

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh, I agreed w/ your post. I just wanted to respond "Quit being gay."

Ulysses
05-16-2004, 04:55 PM
For those who didn't read James282's post....

[ QUOTE ]
I did indeed have Q8

[/ QUOTE ]

Offsuit, no less. What a complete lack of respect from start to finish! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

fyodor
05-16-2004, 06:13 PM
H2H Sb vs Bb with position and a piece of the flop, yeah I bet pretty much every time.

James282
05-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Haha lack of respect? I thought you would try to steal-raise more against me than most opponents since I am relatively tight for this game. I was gonna muck(as you have noticed) unless I flopped a pair or better. While I think I played the flop and turn perfectly I think we have come to a consensus that my river raise was, for lack of a better word, retarded /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-James