PDA

View Full Version : Overcards

ThePimpulator
05-15-2004, 11:37 PM
If I raise AK pre flop and have say four others in with me and am left with over cards on the flop, what should I be doing or thinking about? If it is checked to me I will of course bet. But what about if im bet into and/or have good reason to believe someone has caught a pair. Do I stay? If so, how long for? Do I need additional draws other than the high cards?

ThePimpulator.

sin808
05-15-2004, 11:48 PM
I run into the same thing quite often. I'm trying to force myself to fold those hands, as they just don't pay off enough to warrant sticking around. If I recall, in WLLH it was stated that you could fold those every time and not be giving up much.

RED_RAIN
05-15-2004, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I raise AK pre flop and have say four others in with me and am left with over cards on the flop, what should I be doing or thinking about? If it is checked to me I will of course bet. But what about if im bet into and/or have good reason to believe someone has caught a pair. Do I stay? If so, how long for? Do I need additional draws other than the high cards?

ThePimpulator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise the flop with position and hope for a free turn card. If my hand doesn't improve then I fold.

afk
05-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I'll raise it if bet into. If I don't improve on the turn, I have the odds to call and think a top pair will hold up I'll call.

Ed Miller
05-16-2004, 07:31 AM
I've written a section on this specific topic in my book. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif