PDA

View Full Version : 200K Saturday Special on Party...did I misplay or just unlucky?

Vagos
05-15-2004, 10:16 PM
I wasn't looking to go wild early but this hand came up and I felt there wasn't much I could do. Give me your thoughts...probably just an unlucky hand but going out this early in a big tournament(4th hand) always makes me rethink my play. Results are in white below hand history.

Dealt to HERO [ Ks Kh ]
EP folds.
EP2 calls [15].
EP3 folds.
MP folds.
MP2 folds.
MP3 folds.
CO raises [70].
Button folds.
SB folds.
HERO raises [185].
EP2 folds.
CO calls [130].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, 8d, 2h ]
HERO bets [300].
CO is all-In.
HERO calls [475].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 7c ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
<font color="white">
CO has JT, straight eight to queen.
Hero has KK, a pair of kings.
</font>

freehat
05-15-2004, 10:28 PM
good play i would have played it the same, your KK crushes the guys range of hands the he would move in on, thats just poker

Matt

DanS
05-15-2004, 11:49 PM
Come on. You know you played it well. You got all the money in when your opponent was drawing to six outs twice. Next hand.

Dan

P.S. That does suck though.

Philuva
05-16-2004, 12:42 AM
You played it like crap. How can you allow that Q to fall. In the future, you should play better defense.

TheFink
05-16-2004, 03:55 AM
The only thing you could possibly do differently is make a bigger re-raise pre-flop - would make it clear you have a genuinely big hand. Your 115 reraise gives a range of hands some sort of odds to call.

Tosh
05-16-2004, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You played it like crap. How can you allow that Q to fall. In the future, you should play better defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

mersilis
05-17-2004, 09:57 AM
LOL. But how can he D up the Q when he has the 7 to worry about???

Phil, did you host a small poker game in Charlottesville? If so, I played with you once when I was in law school up there. I remember Philuva being your e-mail address. Anyway - heard that you qualified for the WSOP final - congrats and best of luck.

Topher Turner, UVA Law '03

TheLoser
05-17-2004, 10:00 AM
when I post about bad beats I admit I am just blowing off steam and whining.

Jason Strasser
05-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Bad Defense, I agree. If this happens in a live tourny, I suggest bringing a Sharpie so you can *edit* the cards to your liking, hence defend against the straight.

Bad play. You got your money in when you were ahead, BUT you HAD a chance of losing! What were you thinking? Fold preflop if this sort of thing worries you.