PDA

View Full Version : Flop % at 6 max limit tables?

eggzz
05-15-2004, 03:32 PM
I just started playing $2/4 limit short handed and I really enjoy the fast pace of the game.

It seems that your flop percentage should be higher than a full game, but what is a normal flop percentage?

I've had some short term success and I'm seeing around 45% of the flops. Is this too high? In NL I see around 30% and in full limit I see about 20%.

You definitely can't sit around and wait for premium hands in this game, it seems like you have to be pretty flexible. I have a tendency to be weak tight at times instead of tight aggressive, but it seems like this format makes me play stronger, and I don't see my same weak tight tendencies in this game as opposed to a NL or full table limit game.

I wonder if this is because usually the 6 max tables will showdown between just two people, whereas in the 10 seat tables, you may showdown against two or three others, and you need better hands to win those showdowns. And NL of course is a different animal, you can protect your good hands in that game better. I think I may have found my niche. Any strategy hints that you can also proffer would be helpful to me.

Thx

soda
05-15-2004, 03:43 PM
Proper preflop percentage will depend on the structure of the game and the players in it. Less raising preflop? You can see more flops. Aggressive game? Have to play tighter. A higher blind structure? For example the $15/$30 game at Party is 10/15 blinds vs. the 10/20 which is 5/10 - the higher blind structure requires you to see more flops.

Having said that, you should probably specify the game you are in (site and blind structure) if you'd like a more accurate answer.

FWIW - My numbers at the Party 10/20 game are about 27% flops seen. I don't know if this is in any way correct, though.

soda

eggzz
05-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Good points. I am mainly playing $2/4 at UB.

Usually loose games, not too much preflop raising, maybe 15-20% of the time.

Vagos
05-15-2004, 04:23 PM
My flops seen percentage is usually about 28%, I think this is the general area you wanna be in. Like Soda said, adjust according to the style of the game.
-Andy

fyodor
05-15-2004, 09:27 PM
I recently switched from PartyPoker 2/4 full tables to jumping into shorthanded 2/4. (For those who don't play at PP there is no proper shorthanded 2/4 tables - you just have to join a table with 1 or 2 other players and then either get out when it fills up or put up with the slow pace if you feel the game is loose enough)

At full tables of 2/4 I was seeing 20-30% of the flops. At shorthanded I was always seeing 40-50%.

After playing the 2/4 SH for a few weeks I jumped o 5/10 6 handed. As everyone here will tell you, there are still plenty of bad players. As it has only been a short time it is still to be determined if I am one of them. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

soda
05-16-2004, 03:12 AM
Hmmm, UB eh? I keep hearing about them. Might need to try it out soon - if only for the Aruba trip. Heh.

I say shoot for 26-30% when you are 5 - 6 handed. Make sure you are usually raising when first in. Don't bother limping with hands (JTs, KJ, etc) unless the table is usually 4+ handed without a raise. These are rare. You should be raising to steal blinds or get it heads up with a blind (get position over inferior hand). If the tables are too loose, then they are good, you should probably raise less in this case.

End of rant.

GL

soda

James282
05-16-2004, 05:13 AM
Soda is weak-tight, I see 29% of flops!
-James

Ruddiger
05-16-2004, 05:55 AM
I play 1-2 and 2-4 short handed tables and I am usually around 25% or so