PDA

View Full Version : Babe's Best Golf Tournament Results PART 1

PokerBabe(aka)
05-15-2004, 10:44 AM
Yesterday, Babe had her first annual Babe's Best Boys Golf tournament. Alas, we had only 2 teams, since some boys opted out at the last minute.

Team A was Babe's husband, Kent Young, J.P (aka Old Fart) and Barry Tanenbaum (BT).

Team B was Babe, Dynasty, Jay and Barry.

We played a scramble since one of these boys had never played golf before (guess who)? There was no betting involved except for a Nassau between Barry and Babe's hubby.

After some photo ops, we ventured out.

I only have commentary on my team, since the other team was so busy playing golf they took no notes /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Here are some notable moments.

Hole #1. Par 4. Dynasty shanks one just past the ladies' tees, Babe crushes hers right down the middle 180 yards, Barry hits one shorter than Babe's dead left and Jay gets just inside the Babe. Dynasty hits his 2nd ball on the green, Barry hits his over the green and Babe and Jay are near the cup. We give D the tap in (TI) and we are off to the second hole with a par for openers. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hole #2. Par 5 and we par it.

Hole #3. Short par 3 over water. Dynasty actually hits his ball in the water and it bounces out onto the fringe. However, this ball is disqualified because he hit from the ladies' tees (I think Barry gave him misinformation on this one). Babe and Jay save the team on this one for another par.

We birdie numbers 4 & 5 (both par 4s) with Barry and Babe making the clutch shots /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hole #6 Par 3. It's all Jay on this one, he makes the 3 needed shots to par this one. However, he doesn't win the closest to the pin contest since his first shot was not on the green /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hole #7. Par 5. So far, we are 2 under. However, we now go into a slump. Jay hits a usable drive for us and then all 3 boys hit second shots. Barry almost wacks Dynasty in the head with his 7 iron after it "slipped" out of his hand when he duffed his 2nd shot here. Dyansty was in the cart (thankfully) or he might be in the hospital right now /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Barry went on "golf tilt" for a minute but Babe and Jay stay calm to complete the hole with a bogie.

We par # 8 due to an outstanding putt by the Babe.

#9 is a 450 yard par 5. Here it's a great drive by Jay followed by the shot of the day from Barry. Barry nails it from over 200 yards to put in in "eagle putt" range /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. However, like Greg Norman he....uh, missed that eagle putt and we had to settle for birdie /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Off to the backside with Team B at 2 under /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

To be Continued.....

Al_Capone_Junior
05-15-2004, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hole #1. Par 4. Dynasty shanks one just past the ladies' tees

[/ QUOTE ]

Do youz guyz and gals play with the rule that if you don't make it past the ladies tee, you gotta pull your pants down to your ankles and walk backwards the rest of the hole? /images/graemlins/grin.gif You'll see Dynasty's game improve DRAMATICALLY from the tees if you play with this rule! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

Barry
05-15-2004, 12:43 PM
It was MY great drive on 9!

I didn't hit that many, so I want to take credit for all of the ones I had.

And that eagle putt was from over 50 feet that I lagged to within 3 feet. Of course it was also me that choked and missed the first shot at the birdie putt.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-16-2004, 10:57 AM
OK, so on the front side, Babe's team (Team B) is 2 under and Team A is only one under.

Hole #10. 396 yd. Par 4. Dynasty hits a good drive. By this I mean it actually gets airborne. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Babe steps up to hit hers and he says, "hey, where is my ball?" and then quickly answers himself with " OH, I HIT IT". /images/graemlins/grin.gif Alas, his drive was not usable for the team, but I think it was his putt which gave us the par on the hole.

# 11 - Par 4. This was a funny hole because we had a "split shot" score. Jay hit 3 wood and Barry hit driver and they wound up almost exactly in the same spot. After a bit of fussing over whose was closer, we decided to split the pot and give them each 1/2 point for the team. Babe chips it on nicely and then Dynasty gets the TI (tap in).

#12. Short par 3 with no water. This is a "closest to the pin" hole, but Babe is the only one who actually hits it on the green /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I am disqualified from prizes so none of my team members got to win anything here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Anyway, Barry's shot is on the fringe above the hole and there is some controversy about whose ball to use for the second shot. Dynasty and Babe want to use the ball ON the green (duh?) but Barry wants to chip from off the fringe to a downhill pin. Are u serious? Barry fusses a bit and then after we agree to use the ball ON the green, Barry showboats by chipping his ball 3 inches from the hole.! (LOL). However, after the Babe lags it up a bit, D putts it right into the hole and then with a pro's confidence, he says, "see, it didn't matter". /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Another par for the B team, and a nice putt for Dynasty.

We are still 2 under for the round.

On # 13 (par 5), We make birdie, with Dynasty hitting between a 40-50 yard chip to within 12 inches of the hole. This was his "first real shot" and a fine one it was.

However, we now hear some hollering and wooping it up from Team A ahead of us. Apparently, the Babe's hubby slammed his drive down the right side and then drilled a 5 wood hole high 15 feet beside the green. Barry Tanenbaum made a delicate chip to place the team within easy birdie range. However, J.P, BT and Kent all MISSED the birdie putt and Babe's husband (who was already in the cart) had to rescue this bunch of chokers by draining an inside right 4 footer. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

At this point, Team A is 2 under and we are 3 under. Ok, Game ON.

On #14 It's all Barry, who scores 4 of 4 on this par 4. He played the hole well to say the least, and his team offered no assistance /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

#15 was a hole to remember. Dynasty hit his best drive of the day, but lost his ball. Oh well. We birdie the hole but hear more wooping and hollering ahead of us from the A team. Uh oh..... now what? Apparently, the Babe's husband's drive was in the rough. His teammates objected to using the drive but he convinced them it was the better play. He felt confident that he could "get home" from there. After all 3 of his teammates "choked", the pressure was on him again to produce. And so he did, slamming a 3 wood to the back of the green and setting up an eagle chip. Once again, none of his team could produce. Barry T moved his chip a full 3 inches, (can you say chili dip?), J.P. and Kent both skulled their shots over the green and the Babe's hubby shakes his head. He says "I don't mind you guys riding me like a mule, but take the spurs off". /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Team B now birdies the hole after the eagle chip from Babe's husband stops 2 inches short.

As we approch 16, there is MORE wooping it up ahead. Hmmmmm? Now what are they up to? Barry Tanenbaum slammed his drive down the left, and sets up a miraculous approach from J.P. to a tough right front pin placement. This left them a 4 footer for birdie, that J.P. calmly knocks in.

On #16, my team pars it with 2 nice shots from Jay, one from Barry and another outstanding putt from Dynasty. Uhmmmm....Babe is now offering no help and goes to fetch water.

After 16 holes, Team A is 4 under and Team B is 4 under. Game ON.....

As we approach 17, we hear MORE wooping and hollering. THis cannot be good for the Babe's team. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Apparently, Babe's hubby slams a 4 iron to within 5 feet of the hole. Barry T sinks a downhill 5 foot curling putt to give the team birdie. Team A has now made 3 birdies in a row and 4 of the last 5.

Babe's team bogies #17 and pars 18. We finish -3 for the round at a solid 69. Unbeknowst to us, the Babe's hubby had lofted a 5 wood neatly on the 18th green some 40 feet from the pin /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. After getting a good read from his team, he drilled the uphill put into the back of the hole effectively shutting out ANY hopes Team B had of capturing the inagural BBB Golf tourney. /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Final Score -- Team A 66 Team B 69

WOW...PG for sure, eh?

For my team, here is the shot breakdown: Babe - 16, Dynasty 5 and 6 TI's (tap ins) =11; Jay 22 1/2; Barry 19 1/2.

After photos and lunch I awarded prizes to Kent and J.P for winning the closest to the pin contest. J.P. got "Golf for Dummies" and Kent got a nice head cover with the Ace of Spades on it. I then held a drawing among the others for a bronze golf statue. I made slips of paper with the numbers 1 -7 on them, and the highest number would win it. Barry drew first and had the others drawing dead when he picked #7.

It was a great time with some of the Best of the Best Boys.

Hopefully, they will all be back next year for the event.

LGPG and LGGG.

Babe /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SinCityGuy
05-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Entertaining report, Babe.

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

jasonHoldEm
05-16-2004, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hole #1. Par 4. Dynasty shanks one just past the ladies' tees

[/ QUOTE ]

Do youz guyz and gals play with the rule that if you don't make it past the ladies tee, you gotta pull your pants down to your ankles and walk backwards the rest of the hole?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always heard it played as you had to unzip, whip it out, and leave it out for the rest of the hole.

PokerBabe(aka)
05-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey SinCity...do you play? If so, next year you must join us.

LGPG,

SinCityGuy
05-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Babe,

I used to play, but quit a long time ago. I grew up in North Carolina, and we had a lot of good local courses. I think my clubs are buried in my mother's basement somewhere.

You outing sounded like so much fun that I might have to get back in practice for next year. Right now, I'm so rusty that I'd probably be even money against Dynasty heads up. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

offTopic
05-17-2004, 12:57 PM

PokerBabe(aka)
05-18-2004, 12:56 AM
Las Vegas Muni. aka Las Vegas Golf club. Plays 5917 from the black tees and 6314 from the gold.

jayadd
05-18-2004, 01:51 AM
sounds like dynasty had a successful round.

bunky9590
05-18-2004, 07:50 AM
This course is pitch and putt for me. Of course Bunkster can get it down the fairway 300+ off the tee. My scramble team made the nationals with a -14 score from the back tees on a 7100 yd course.

Hired gun for next year. highest bidder wins. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
05-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Dynasty said he had never played golf before this tournament. I was delighted that he honored the Babe by joining us. This scores him many points toward the 2005 Best Boyz List. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Since Clark and Tommy did not join in, they lost points.... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

LGPG,

PokerBabe(aka)
05-18-2004, 10:14 AM
Ok bunky....bring it on....you can be on my team /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif