PDA

View Full Version : Hustler 15/30... I'm pretty sure I'm ahead on the flop, but....

Sooga
05-15-2004, 06:03 AM
... I don't want to see about half the deck on the turn and river.

But before I get to that, let's get to some background. THis is an utterly fantastic game. 7-8 handed pots for 1 bet are pretty common. Players in the hand are UTG, MP, and SB. UTG is just a horrible player. Horrible. Mind you, in a table full of horrible players, he sticks out as being horribler than than the others. MP just sat down a few orbits before, and he's actually folded a couple hands preflop. SB is the definition of loose-aggressive. Now, onto the hand:

UTG limps, I raise with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, MP cold calls, blinds and UTG call.

flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

checked to me, I bet, MP raises, SB check 3-bets, BB folds, UTG cold-calls 3. Your turn....

Sooga
05-15-2004, 06:05 AM
After much hemming and hawing I decided to call, MP called.

Turn brought an offsuit 4. Checked around.

River brought an offsuit K. SB bet, UTG folded. Easy fold?

Sooga
05-15-2004, 06:05 AM
I called. MP folded. SB turned over 78o and took it down.

Steve Giufre
05-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey Sooga,

Considering it got checked around on the turn, I think you have to call the river, even know your chances of winning are slim. You can beat a bluff and thats enough with the pot being as big as it is.

elysium
05-16-2004, 01:02 AM
hi sooga
fold. oooie. wow. yuck.

Sooga
05-16-2004, 01:10 AM
on the flop or river?

Sooga
05-16-2004, 02:39 AM
The more I think about it, the more I don't like the river call.... I think the probability of him bluffing into 3 other people on the river is pretty remote... hmm

elysium
05-16-2004, 02:39 AM
hi sooga
fold on the flop. you need red KK or AA here to make this worth while.

Ezcheeze
05-16-2004, 10:33 AM
I don't see what you are so worried about. MP would be my only concern. You said SB is LAG so his 3 bet could easily be a draw only, UTG is terrible so his call means very little he could easily have a smaller pair only. I would probably cap the flop but it would depend on what i thought of MP i would have to be there to know for sure. On the turn when SB and UTG check your check is terrible. There are so many possible draws out your check makes me sick. They just told you there is a very good chance you are ahead you need to bet if MP raises then strongly consider folding but other than that im calling a raise from SB or UTG and calling the river. If they just call im betting any non diamond river.

-Ezcheeze

cosmo kramer
05-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I haven't read the results yet. I'd say this is an easy fold. I'd say the only outs you have are the two jacks, and those might not even be good. Like you said, even if you are ahead now, there are too many cards to kill your hand. Fold and wait for the next hand.

Ezcheeze
05-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Oops! I didn't see that the turn put a 4 str8 on the board. All of a sudden the check isn't so bad. I do still think the flop call/cap is right and folding is wrong. I might bet the turn anyway and fold to a raise but checking certainly isn't bad. As for the river I would definitely be calling the LAG here, he'll be bluffing his missed diamond draw or betting his smaller pair or doing something LAG like enough times for the call to be right.

-Ezcheeze