PDA

View Full Version : Interesting blind war - AKo on the button

JSD
05-15-2004, 02:03 AM
Party 1/2. I openraise from the button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Loose passive SB who sees too many flops and plays poorly post-flop coldcalls and BB 3-bets. BB is tight, aggressive and good. Since the SB came along, I assume his 3-bet is semi-reasonable. However, he has probably noticed that the SB is weak as well and thinks I'm stealing, so I'm guessing that his 3-betting standards are a little lower than usual, but higher than if the SB had folded, if that makes sense. Could be as weak as AT perhaps.

I cap, SB calls two more cold and BB calls. 3 to the flop for 12SB.

Flop is 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks, BB checks and I bet, half expecting to get check-raised by the BB, regardless of what he has. SB calls, BB check-raises according to plan.

Whats my action and plan?

deacsoft
05-15-2004, 02:14 AM
I most likely fold here. Sounds like a pair in the hole to me. However, with your read and at this point it may be worth it to call one more to see the turn with position in your favor. SB will probably call too.

One question though... if you thought he was going to check/raise and you missed the flop why did you bet? I don't mean to say it was a bad play. I'm just curious.

JSD
05-15-2004, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

One question though... if you thought he was going to check/raise and you missed the flop why did you bet? I don't mean to say it was a bad play. I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's aggressive and a bit tricky. I think he's just as likely to have AQ/AJ/AT/KQ as a big pair. And I think he's check-raising with any of these in this spot, so I'm not too worried about it. I think he's ignoring the SB just as much as I am and we both want each other out of the hand so we can get it HU with the weak player. I think there's a reasonably good chance I'm still ahead on the flop, or if not, that my Ace and King outs are still good.

ThePimpulator
05-15-2004, 02:25 AM
I reckon the SB has flopped the nut straight and four to the flush /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThePimpulator.

sfer
05-15-2004, 02:37 AM
If you can feel the checkraise, check the flop through, peel off a freebie, let him lead the turn, raise any card, hopefully drive out SB and take a free showdown unimproved.

sfer
05-18-2004, 11:09 AM
N/M

JSD
05-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Being the LAG that I am, I 3-bet. But you probably could have guessed that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SB called two more cold and villian capped. We both called. Turn was J/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB now came alive and bet. BB raised. I folded.

SB had JJ. BB had AA.