PDA

View Full Version : 3-bet flop or CR turn?

Demian
05-14-2004, 11:13 PM
No reads. What do you think? Better to 3-bet flop and bet out turn? I know i took a chance checking the turn but at the time i must have been pretty sure the button would bet.

Ultimate Bet 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 17 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (17 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 2s 9s (two pair, nines and fives).
Hero shows Ks Kd (two pair, kings and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 17 BB. </font>

naphand
05-15-2004, 12:15 PM
I think your play was fine.

Whether to 3-bet the flop or CR the Turn? Old chestnut. I have probably been 3-betting the flop too much, and am starting to take this opportunity. I think if the board was 2-suited, or had some other spooky-looking draw possibilities, I would almost always 3-bet the flop. You have to consider if Button is likely to bet the Turn AND whether you really want the blinds along for the ride. They are trapped between you two here so I see no reason not to try and extract extra $$ from him by CR the Turn, 3-betting is not likely to push them off.

gonores
05-15-2004, 12:37 PM
I think the chances of giving up a free card are way too high to be pulling this, especially since you have a lock on at least 3 SB if you 3bet the flop.

I guess it worked out nicely for you, though. If your read was strong, then your line is fine.