PDA

View Full Version : Tight aggressive?

FletchJr.
05-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Tough hand to play, anyways different then the normal miss your set and fold

comments welcome on all streets
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.16 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

LAGmaniac
05-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I like your play on the flop, but I'm not sure why you didn't follow through on the turn. I know you don't want to call a turn check-raise and want to see the river but you could have as many as 14 outs here. Sometimes you will pick up the pot right here with your bet. Finally you may have the best hand already.

If you check the turn you are inviting the BB to bluff at you with almost anything so I'd call here.

I've been putting in too many bets in marginal situations lately though so let's see what others have to say.

James Boston
05-14-2004, 11:00 PM
Why take the lead and then back down? Fire again on the turn.

FletchJr.
05-15-2004, 12:32 AM
I really didn't want to see a c/r and i didn't htink i was ahead.

Allan
05-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Why 3 bet the flp then?

Allan

FletchJr.
05-15-2004, 04:30 AM
I wanted to see the river I guess. I think my flop raise was almost like a 3 bet for a free card, and figuring out where i'm at the same time.
I still need some advice on this hand though. Boost~

StellarWind
05-15-2004, 11:40 AM
I would call the river at 5-1. Heads up he might have produced this sequence with any flopped pair. 3/8 of the time a random flopped pair will be sixes. It's also possible he has nothing.