PDA

View Full Version : best site to play sng's?

cjdotca
05-14-2004, 08:16 PM
I would like to start a discussion on which sites are the best for sng players? which have the weakest players and other benefits or perks. such as: can you become a "tlb" leader strictly playing sngs? stuff like that. for example at pokerstars the tlb leaders get to play a heads up game for 5k once a week... is it possible to become the leader if you play mainly sngs all the time? or do you need to enter big mtts? different sites have different rules.

im mostly curious about ultimate bet and pokerstars, but any info on other sites is also welcomed.

benfranklin
05-14-2004, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to start a discussion on which sites are the best for sng players?

[/ QUOTE ]

A friendly warning: a question like that from a first time poster is likely to draw an unkind word or two. The subject has been discussed at great length here. Start scrolling down and reading old threads, or go to the top of the page and click on "Search" and pick this forum and topic "SnG". You will find enough to keep you busy for the weekend.

William
05-14-2004, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to start a discussion on which sites are the best for sng players?

[/ QUOTE ]

A friendly warning: a question like that from a first time poster is likely to draw an unkind word or two. The subject has been discussed at great length here. Start scrolling down and reading old threads, or go to the top of the page and click on "Search" and pick this forum and topic "SnG". You will find enough to keep you busy for the weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Ben must have sen that I was in the neighborghood... and not in the best of moods, lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

benfranklin
05-14-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, Ben must have sen that I was in the neighborghood... and not in the best of moods, lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Funny /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

[/ QUOTE ]

Willz in the 'hood, always. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ZeeJustin
05-15-2004, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for example at pokerstars the tlb leaders get to play a heads up game for 5k once a week

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is an example of the kind of response you want, I know exactly what you are looking for:

If you win the TLB on Party, Shana will give you a free (unadvertised) BJ.
The SNG's on UB are full of fish.
The Gaming Club has the best software for SNG's.
Truepoker is the only site that let's you play 6 SNG's at once if you are a crazy multi-tabler.
Empire has amazing customer support for all your SNG queries.

snowbank
05-15-2004, 12:58 AM
I saw you said a certain site is the only one to allow you to play 6 sit and goes, but pokerstars allows you to play as many as you want as well. Some guy regulary plays like 16 at a time on there. He's just crazy though.

eastbay
05-15-2004, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw you said a certain site is the only one to allow you to play 6 sit and goes, but pokerstars allows you to play as many as you want as well. Some guy regulary plays like 16 at a time on there. He's just crazy though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe ZJ's post is a parody, where he got everything completely wrong (intentionally.)

eastbay

cjdotca
05-15-2004, 06:11 AM
[censored] yourselves, you uptight faggots. ITH owns you.

Prickly Pete
05-15-2004, 11:35 AM
cjdota, we hardly knew ye.

benfranklin
05-15-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] yourselves, you uptight faggots. ITH owns you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Who lit the fuse on her tampon?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

blackaces13
05-15-2004, 07:06 PM
You know, honestly the guy asked a very simple question and got nothing but condescending crap in return. Not even some kind of a straight answer delivered in a rude way, but exclusively NON answers delivered in a rude way.

I'm not saying it excuses his response and it seems you guys picked the right guy to treat that way, but I still find the tone of the initial replies completely uncalled for.

benfranklin
05-15-2004, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, honestly the guy asked a very simple question and got nothing but condescending crap in return. Not even some kind of a straight answer delivered in a rude way, but exclusively NON answers delivered in a rude way.

I'm not saying it excuses his response and it seems you guys picked the right guy to treat that way, but I still find the tone of the initial replies completely uncalled for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I thought that the initial response, mine, was reasonable. William responded humorously to me, and that set off a thread that got hi-jacked. But frankly, the tone of the initial posting was edgy, like he came up with something no one here ever thought of. He didn't ask a question, he said

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to start a discussion...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible to read things into a post, like attitude, when you don't have body language and such to help interpret, but the words are all we have to go on. A first time poster should have had the courtesy to lurk and read first, or at least been polite enough to ask if this topic had been discussed, and how to find it, rather than jumping in and offering to lead a discussion.

blackaces13
05-15-2004, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A first time poster should have had the courtesy to lurk and read first, or at least been polite enough to ask if this topic had been discussed, and how to find it, rather than jumping in and offering to lead a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I see a lot of this hostile attitude towards newbies and I for one don't get it. This site is public domain, its not some secret society or club that you've "paid your dues" in and therefore deserve respect from the newcomers.

This reminds me of seniors in HS thinking that the freshmen owe them something or that they have the right to boss them around, its nonsense IMO.

This is just a site where people come to talk about poker and anyone who thinks its something more than that there's some sort of pecking order to maintain is taking it way too seriously. Just because you have 2000 posts doesn't mean that a guy with 2 owes you something. Forgive my saying so but I think the attitude of assuming he does is a bit pathetic.

I don't want to start a whole war over this and if that last sentence was out of line then I apologize, I don't know you after all. Its more the general atttitude that I'm bashing as opposed to any specific poster.

cjdotca
05-16-2004, 02:40 AM
Before I started the thread I searched the last few hundred posts and didn't find any concrete answers to my questions. I've posted on many forums before and I know the etiquette. It's not like the answers were a few threads back. I LOOKED.

You guys are a special bunch.

ITH > 2+2

PrayingMantis
05-16-2004, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to start a discussion on which sites are the best for sng players? which have the weakest players

[/ QUOTE ]

This topic alone was discussed to *death* during the last few weeks.

[ QUOTE ]
can you become a "tlb" leader strictly playing sngs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Discussed very recently in the internet gambling forum.

[ QUOTE ]
is it possible to become the leader if you play mainly sngs all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

At Poker stars - no.

I don't think you should be bashed or anything, but it is pretty obvious you didn't really search before posting. So you can see why some people got a bit irritated by your "I would like to start a discussion" line.

cjdotca
05-16-2004, 12:24 PM
I didnt check all the other folders. I assumed anything related to sngs would be in the one table tournament folder, of which I had checked the previous few hundred posts. If the topic was discussed very recently, then it seems i underestimated how much traffic this forum and this folder gets.

Anyways, I chose stars. I finished five sngs: four 2nd places and one 3rd place finish. No wins yet, but itm every time so far. So far stars looks like a good choice and i'll put off trying ub for now.

PS: thanks for actually answering a few of my questions.

eastbay
05-16-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt check all the other folders. I assumed anything related to sngs would be in the one table tournament folder, of which I had checked the previous few hundred posts. If the topic was discussed very recently, then it seems i underestimated how much traffic this forum and this folder gets.

Anyways, I chose stars. I finished five sngs: four 2nd places and one 3rd place finish. No wins yet, but itm every time so far. So far stars looks like a good choice and i'll put off trying ub for now.

PS: thanks for actually answering a few of my questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to learn to use the search function. The link is at the top.

Search for the FAQ. Some answers are there.

eastbay