PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Questions

aesic
05-14-2004, 07:49 PM
I recently downloaded the trial version of Poker Tracker (and quickly filled up the 1000 hands). I am trying to decide whether to buy the full version or not. Here are a few questions I have about Poker Tracker.

1. What data should I pay attention to in order to critique my play (and what are some good numbers to shoot for). I would like to use PT to assess my play but right now I don't know what to look for so I haven't found it useful yet. I play Party full NL50, 3-4 tables at once.

2. One of the reasons I would be buying PT is to calculate my rake (and thus my rake rebate). What is the algorithem (equation) for calculating rake.

3. How do I set a time span for the data I want included in the calculations (for example, a 1 month span to calculate the rake in one month so I can submit it to my affiliate).

Thanks,
aesic

asdf1234
05-14-2004, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. What data should I pay attention to in order to critique my play (and what are some good numbers to shoot for). I would like to use PT to assess my play but right now I don't know what to look for so I haven't found it useful yet. I play Party full NL50, 3-4 tables at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's really a lot of info in Poker Tracker to use. It calculates your win rate per 100 hands, how often you complete in the blinds, how often you raise, etc. If you search the archives you can find others stats and can compare yours to them to see if you're too tight, too loose, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
2. One of the reasons I would be buying PT is to calculate my rake (and thus my rake rebate). What is the algorithem (equation) for calculating rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will vary from site to site, but Poker Tracker simply reads the hand history, extracts the amount raked from the specific hand and adds it to its total.

[ QUOTE ]
3. How do I set a time span for the data I want included in the calculations (for example, a 1 month span to calculate the rake in one month so I can submit it to my affiliate).

[/ QUOTE ]

Under the preferences tab, you can set specific dates that you would like to view data for.

BugsBunny
05-15-2004, 08:44 AM

You already have good answers to the other questions. For this one you go to the Summary tab (after setting the date range and other data in Preferences). Take the "total rake" number and divide by the "players" number. Do this for each individual level and sum the answers. That equals your "rake contribution" and is usually the amount that you're looking for, but check with the affiliate to see exactly what info is wanted.