PDA

View Full Version : These types of hands are giving me trouble

mikeyKay
05-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

checked to me...so i bet it out

Turn: (2.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

no help, thinking he wont fold a 10

River: (2.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

roll over and die

Final Pot: 3.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 2.75 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by BB.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: BB wins 3.75 BB. </font>

What should i be doing here?? i feel like im just giving the pot up, but i do feel beat...help me out

B Dids
05-14-2004, 07:28 PM
A call on the flop here doesn't mean you're beat. I lead the turn, if he calls again then I got into check call.

bernie
05-14-2004, 07:54 PM
You could call. You induced a bluff possibility with your check on the turn.

b

Chris Daddy Cool
05-14-2004, 08:09 PM
Call me a super LAG, but I'd probably raise pre-flop to try to buy the button/knock out the blinds and isolate UTG+1.

If you raised, it may have made your post flop play easier.

RcrdBoy
05-14-2004, 08:20 PM
I'd be looking for a new table. Seems pretty tight with two limpers and the BB.

Hands like 88 either need lots of callers for the set value or you need to play them a little more aggressively.

I'd bet the flop and the turn here and then check through the river unimproved if called on both streets.

Mike

jeffseib
05-14-2004, 09:24 PM
You are in last position (all those after you having folded PF) and it is checked to you. Betting here to steal with only two other players and a low pair is not a terrible play if you know that your opponents are capable of folding in this case! BB calls and you then check on the turn. Your check prob. signaled weakness to your opponent. Alternatively, he might have made his straight (hole cards: 75, Party players will sometimes call a bet with three to a straight).

You should have bet the turn! If he called, check the river. If he raised, fold right there.

James Boston
05-14-2004, 10:56 PM
The flop call means nothing. You might be beat, but it's too early to go into check-fold mode. He might have just bet the river because you slowed down on the flop.

cold_cash
05-15-2004, 02:13 AM
If I had checked the turn through I would have done it planning on calling a river bet no matter what card came off.

If you bet the turn and he calls, you can always check it behind on the river.

I would lean toward the second option unless you're afraid of being check-raised on the turn.

Remember if you check it through on the turn you're just asking him to try and bluff you off your hand. When he tries to do that on the river, you call.