PDA

View Full Version : Who gets away from this one?

DrPublo
05-14-2004, 05:16 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (11.25 BB).</font>

The 3-bet on the flop told me I was behind, and when I caught the K I figured I was ahead of his two pair or even AJ.

Of course the 3-bet on the turn should have told me something was up...I didn't suspect a set only because he played it so fast. Anybody fold on the turn?

And once I called the turn, I check/call the river.

Pretty standard?

The Doc

pheasant tail (no 18)
05-14-2004, 05:51 PM
If I was your opponent, that's how I would play KJ on the button. I'd say he had a spade draw, maybe A7 or 2 pair. Doubt he would limp on button w/ KK or JJ. He could have 77 or 99, but he would problably bet the river. Also, with a set he'd problably want you in the lead on the turn.

I certainly can't lay that down on the turn, and not at that level on the flop. Being in position w/ multiple draws out there, he has reason to try to slow you down. You might want to bet the river and fold to a raise though. I don't know. These things seem very difficult on-line since you don't get to know the players very well and it is very easy to put mouse finger on tilt. After all, only a # (chip count) on screen changes when you become instant maniac and Oprah is in the background blabbing about Michael Jackson's weiner and you know you were supposed to be somewhere 15 minutes ago and are trying to get unstuck. It seems like multi-table on-liners have a winning formula on how to play such a situation. I don't. Dependinding on my opponents, I usually call the three bets and maybe bet the river (when I play live).

PT

LAGmaniac
05-14-2004, 06:21 PM
I certainly don't lay it down but then again I call down too much as it is. The only place you could have gotten away is on after the turn 3-bet, but the pot is laying you 8.25 to 1 and you are about 10 to 1 to fill up on the river. Add the times that he is bluffing or overplaying his hand and it may be close.
But don't go by me, I seem to find excuses to call down to often these days.

DrPublo
05-14-2004, 06:32 PM
He had 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flopped straight. I think I'm pretty paralyzed here because he would play KJ, AJ, or even QJ close to the same way.

Oh well.

The Doc