PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme Lawsuit = Wishful Thinking

Oski
05-14-2004, 05:07 PM
Krispy Kreme Sharholder Suit (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1896&ncid=1896&e=1&u=/nm/20040514/us_nm/leisure_krispykreme_dc)

This lawsuit should go nowhere: I don't see anything in here that cannot be defended by the "Business Judgment Rule."

The sad thing is that it did not take too much insight to realized this stock would plummet. Food chains (especially novelty ones) traditionally lose value (and quickly) after a few years. Furthermore, the donut business is traditionally volatile as it rises and falls with the nation's diet fads. In the late 80's, the donut biz in California was almost completely wiped out by the smoothie/bagel biz.

I believe the suit will prove to be a waste of time and money.

BirthdayBoy
05-14-2004, 05:10 PM
They need to invent a donut you can eat on the South Beach diet.

Have a Birthday Donut for me today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bump-en-Stein
05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They need to invent a donut you can eat on the South Beach diet.

Have a Birthday Donut for me today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Happy Birthday. You can't kiss my donut, but you can kiss my hole!

sam h
05-14-2004, 07:23 PM
This suit is definitely going nowhere. It's just frivolous.

Which is the more outrageous claim?

Our donut business will continue to prosper despite the low-carb fad.

Our internet pet toys business is primed to dominate the internet pet toys sector for years to come, transforming us into a titan of the new economy, in which everything will be different and you, sir, will be a millionaire many times over.

Ok. I exaggerate a bit. But only a bit.

Al_Capone_Junior
05-15-2004, 08:50 AM
Odd that when Krispy Kreme first opened in san diego a few years ago, there were lines three hours long for months. It was insane (I of course did not wait in them). Smoothie and bagel shops all around too. What was most insane was that on the east coast, they sell KK's in grocery stores. People can create a craze out of thin air. Admittedly, the donuts are pretty good, but they are certainly not the best. Go figure.

al