PDA

View Full Version : Zoo WPC - Signup List

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 01:00 PM
As requested I am posting the player names of those who have signed up to play in the Gaming Club World Poker Championship. I am not a math genious but I would say at the rate of the sign ups we should reach our $10,000 goal by 2019.
I would like to recieve comments on why you are not interested in this tourney. The Gaming Club has made us a great offer yet nobody seems to care.
Ok, enough whinning. Sign up already!
-------------Players List-------------
n1stunnor
Slacker13
Catfish4U
Lars
Libido
The_Outlaw
SherriffFman
Zimba
--------------------------------------------------
------------------Original Post--------------------

(This tournament is not sponsored by the 2+2 forum)

World Poker Championship - Dublin Ireland
We are looking to send a Zoo member to the World Poker Championship in Dublin Ireland. All Zoo members with a minumum of 25 posts are welcome.

The Gaming Club has been kind enough to host this event. They have also added money to the prize pool for travel and expenses and also will not be charging any fee’s to play in the tournament. This is a great opportunity to send one of our own to a major tournament and the best part is the final table with get a 33% stake in the person who wins.

To participate please PM Slacker13 with your Gaming Club alias or you may email Slacker13 at jons@bargainranch.com. If you do not have a Gaming Club account please go to here (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com) to set one up.

From the Gaming Club:
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/promo/worldpokerchampionship/index.asp?VT=39208663&EventID=17867) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package) just 'cos we like the Zoo.

And don't forget that the losing MTT final players share 33% of the Zoo rep's winnings (if any) in Dublin.

S&G's start on Monday, May 17th 2004, the SnG qualifiers for the Zoo GC WPC MTT will begin at 6PM EST. The tables will run continuously while they are open, i.e. if one game finishes another will start as soon as enough players are seated.

Pre-registration
The SnG's will work on a pre-registration basis, so we'll need your GC aliases in advance (so that a non-Zoo'er who stumbles across the table doesn't make a surprise entrance). Please give your full cooperation to our Tournament Director, Slacker13, who
will be managing this process.

You'll need to PM me (Slacker13) with your Gaming Club Poker alias as soon as you've decided that you want to play in the SnG's (This only needs to be done once). I will in turn send them to the Gaming Club - it's very important that we get these as early as possible as there is obviously a cut-off time for getting into each day's game.

Once you're on the list though, you don't have worry sending it through again (and we'll be pre-registering you for both tables).

So in summary:

<ul type="square">
Pot Limit Hold'em SnG's

Normal Hold'em Escalation with 20 hands between levels and 1500 starting chips

Tables open every night at 6PM EST (and will shut down at 12PM EST or as soon as possible thereafter)(Obviously if a game is in progress at 12PM, we will not close the table)

Your choice is either a $25+$0 10-seater or a $50+$0 5-seater, respectively named "Zoo GC WPC Table 1" and "Zoo GC WPC Table 2"

The tables will run continuously while they are open, i.e. if one game finishes another will start as soon as enough players are seated.
[/list]
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package)
just 'cos we like the Zoo.

And don't forget that the losing MTT final players share 33% of the Zoo rep's winnings (if any) in Dublin.

Must have a minimum of 25 posts to participate.

Any questions/criticisms/comments, please let me know.

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up)

The tables will continue to run until $10k in buy-ins has been collected. If the $10k mark is reached by June 13th, then we'll hold a multi-table event for the 40 SnG winners on June 14th, and the winner of this event will get a seat at the WPC.

If $10k isn't reached by June 13th then we'll leave the tables open until such time as the $10k is reached, and an alternative event will be chosen.

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.

Contact Info:
jons@bargainranch.com
Or you may PM me from the forum to Slacker13

AAmaz0n
05-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Ok, sign me up. Do you really need a PM to know that my GC alias is AAmaz0n with a zero?

Shauna

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 01:15 PM
Shauna, thank you. PM, Email, or just post it here and I will retreive it from the post. Your ready to go. Jon

----------------------To Everyone-----------------------
Everyone please keep in mind I gain nothing from doing this. As a matter of fact I will most likely be the least experienced player participating and basically expect to just donate my money on top of my time trying to keep this running so all's I ask is your participation. The Gaming Club has made us IMO a great offer and I think it is silly to not take advantage.

dogmeat
05-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I had some problems with TGC software a few months back, and deleted their software. I want to play in this tournament, so I downloaded again and will give it a try. I hope everybody will also consider playing. The offer from TGC is very good, perhaps we will all be pleasantly surprized!

After downloading, I found that I still had $2 in my account, so I am grinding at the .05/.10 NL table to gain my first entry. A fun challenge.

Actually, I also checked at True (where I had deleted the software after the tournament problems there) and found $17 in my account. I was lucky enough to run that up to $85 and then cashed out (and deleted again). So I am rolling in dough /images/graemlins/grin.gif lol. Dogmeat

GrannyMae
05-14-2004, 02:17 PM
lock me up a seat. i have no account there yet, but will soon. when is the first event?

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/5/lickout.gif

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Granny, the sats start on Monday at 6pm EST. As long as I have your alias by midnight Sunday you will be ready for monday's tourney's. they will be running everyday, and as soon as one table finishes we will be starting another. Thanks, jon

daryn
05-14-2004, 02:40 PM
is it free? i am daryn on the gaming club. sign me up if it is!

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Daryn, It's not exactly free. $25+0 &amp; $50+0 sats to send a zoo member to the WPC in Dublin Ireland. The Gaming Club is not charging any juice on the tables and they added more money for Zoo members to an already large prize. I will go ahead and sign you up and hopefully you choose to play.
I am pasting the original post below. Thanks Jon
----------------------------------------------------------

(This tournament is not sponsored by the 2+2 forum)

World Poker Championship - Dublin Ireland
We are looking to send a Zoo member to the World Poker Championship in Dublin Ireland. All Zoo members with a minumum of 25 posts are welcome.

The Gaming Club has been kind enough to host this event. They have also added money to the prize pool for travel and expenses and also will not be charging any fee’s to play in the tournament. This is a great opportunity to send one of our own to a major tournament and the best part is the final table with get a 33% stake in the person who wins.

To participate please PM Slacker13 with your Gaming Club alias or you may email Slacker13 at jons@bargainranch.com. If you do not have a Gaming Club account please go to here (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com) to set one up.

From the Gaming Club:
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/promo/worldpokerchampionship/index.asp?VT=39208663&amp;EventID=17867) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package) just 'cos we like the Zoo.

S&amp;G's start on Monday, May 17th 2004, the SnG qualifiers for the Zoo GC WPC MTT will begin at 6PM EST. The tables will run continuously while they are open, i.e. if one game finishes another will start as soon as enough players are seated.

Pre-registration
The SnG's will work on a pre-registration basis, so we'll need your GC aliases in advance (so that a non-Zoo'er who stumbles across the table doesn't make a surprise entrance). Please give your full cooperation to our Tournament Director, Slacker13, who
will be managing this process.

You'll need to PM me (Slacker13) with your Gaming Club Poker alias as soon as you've decided that you want to play in the SnG's (This only needs to be done once). I will in turn send them to the Gaming Club - it's very important that we get these as early as possible as there is obviously a cut-off time for getting into each day's game.

Once you're on the list though, you don't have worry sending it through again (and we'll be pre-registering you for both tables).

So in summary:

<ul type="square">
Pot Limit Hold'em SnG's

Normal Hold'em Escalation with 20 hands between levels and 1500 starting chips

Tables open every night at 6PM EST (and will shut down at 12PM EST or as soon as possible thereafter)(Obviously if a game is in progress at 12PM, we will not close the table)

Your choice is either a $25+$0 10-seater or a $50+$0 5-seater, respectively named "Zoo GC WPC Table 1" and "Zoo GC WPC Table 2"

The tables will run continuously while they are open, i.e. if one game finishes another will start as soon as enough players are seated.
[/list]
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package)
just 'cos we like the Zoo.

Must have a minimum of 25 posts to participate.

Any questions/criticisms/comments, please let me know.

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up)

The tables will continue to run until $10k in buy-ins has been collected. If the $10k mark is reached by June 13th, then we'll hold a multi-table event for the 40 SnG winners on June 14th, and the winner of this event will get a seat at the WPC.

If $10k isn't reached by June 13th then we'll leave the tables open until such time as the $10k is reached, and an alternative event will be chosen.

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.

Contact Info:
jons@bargainranch.com
Or you may PM me from the forum to Slacker13

GrannyMae
05-14-2004, 02:51 PM
you will indeed have it by then. just make sure if possible to hold a spot for monday.

ty

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/b0/4u.gif

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 02:53 PM
No problem Granny. Look forward to seeing you. Jon

HavanaBanana
05-14-2004, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the 25 10 table tourney awards 1 seat + 25$, whilst the 50 5 player table award 1 seat + 50$, and both tables generates 250$.

So 5 player table is better value, I kind of like 10 player tables better though, how about awarding 2nd place in 10 player table 25$ back?

anyways, sign up havanabanana please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Slacker13
05-14-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how about awarding 2nd place in 10 player table 25$ back?

[/ QUOTE ]
Havana, I will run it by TGC and see what they say. Thanks for signing up by the way. Jon

LLAMA
05-15-2004, 03:41 AM
While I am signed up already and plan to play, I don't see us getting anywhere near $10k. While I truly want to be optimistic, the math just says no.

Just doing this quickly, as I am no mathematician...

Each table generates $250 minus the winners buyin, so to get to $10k we will need 45+ tables completed. If everyone only did the 5 seater, that would mean 50 tables which means we would need 250 seats filled. If the average Zoo player spends $100 to try and win a seat, then we would still need 125 Zoo players at least.

Now of course it's not going to happen exactly that way, but judging from the list of people signed i'm starting to get skeptical. While I appreciate what TGC is trying to do, I would not even be thinking of playing SnG's if not for the chance to win a seat to this event and am not so sure these SnG tables are going to be of much value for that beings I doubt anyone will be making the trip if we don't generate the $10k.

Gaming Club
05-16-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Havanabana
So the $25 10 table tourney awards 1 seat + 25$, whilst the $50 5 player table award 1 seat + 50$, and both tables generates 250$.

So 5 player table is better value, I kind of like 10 player tables better though, how about awarding 2nd place in 10 player table 25$ back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well spotted Havana. We're happy to go with your suggestion to keep the 5- and 10-seater tables equally attractive.

[ QUOTE ]

LLAMA
While I am signed up already and plan to play, I don't see us getting anywhere near $10k. While I truly want to be optimistic, the math just says no.

Just doing this quickly, as I am no mathematician...

Each table generates $250 minus the winners buyin, so to get to $10k we will need 45+ tables completed. If everyone only did the 5 seater, that would mean 50 tables which means we would need 250 seats filled. If the average Zoo player spends $100 to try and win a seat, then we would still need 125 Zoo players at least.

Now of course it's not going to happen exactly that way, but judging from the list of people signed i'm starting to get skeptical. While I appreciate what TGC is trying to do, I would not even be thinking of playing SnG's if not for the chance to win a seat to this event and am not so sure these SnG tables are going to be of much value for that beings I doubt anyone will be making the trip if we don't generate the $10k.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, bear in mind that we're carrying forward the full amount of the buyins from each table (i.e. each table generates $250 towards the final multi-table event, not $250 minus the winner's buyin). In other words, allowing for the change made above, the overlay on each table is guaranteed at 20%.

That said, your basic point of how many players are required isn't altogether wrong. If everyone plays the 5-seater then we need 200 buyins to get to $10k; if everyone plays the 10-seater then we need 400 buyins. Of course the likely result is somewhere in between - if your $100 estimate is correct then it's 100 unique individuals required.

It was with this in mind that we stated the following:

1. First prize for us is $10k in total buyins reached about 10-14 days before the Gaming Club World Poker Championship (GC WPC) starts, and a Zoo rep gets sent to Dublin to play in our inaugural offline event (and gets to meet Mike and his good chum Mr. Guinness /images/graemlins/smile.gif). Given $2k of prizes in the qualifying SnG's, $12k ticket + travel + cash package to the GC WPC + $1k extra cash specially for the Zoo rep, this amounts to a 50% overlay if we get to $10k fast enough.

2. If we don't get to $10k in time to send someone to the GC WPC, then we'll keep carrying forward until $10k is reached, at which point an alternate offline event can be selected to send a Zoo rep to. In addition to the $2k in SnG prizes, we've promised $1k cash to the Zoo rep, so this is a 30% overlay if we end up going this route.

3. If the pace of participation is glacial enough to ensure that we are never going to see $10k total, then we'll pay out the accumulated funds as per normal SnG pay schedules. In this case the overlay is 20% (from the SnG prizes on their own).

To sum up, the overlay on this project is a minimum 20%, and could be 50%+, assuming you make some allowance for sharing in the Zoo rep's eventual offline winnings (if any).

Stagemusic was initially sceptical of the value of this event given the likely stiff competition, so we do understand LLAMA's doubts about filling it up all the way, but we have to ask where else is the Zoo going to get almost unlimited juice-free SnG's, let alone any with a minimum 20% overlay?

Add to that the possibility of a guaranteed 50%+ overlay, and we have to think that participation in this event is a no-brainer. Or are we missing something?

GrannyMae
05-16-2004, 02:54 PM
at which point an alternate offline event can be selected to send a Zoo rep to

PERFECT SOLUTION !!!!

there sure are plenty of those to choose from. however, i would love to see it happen for the dublin tourney, so will everyone please get off their asses and register and play? granny wants to meet mike, and i know i can trounce you fools.

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/i0/kloguck.gif

Filip
05-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Not sure if i missed something but is there a reason to play another Sit'N'Go after you have won a seat into the multi final? If not i would assume you need 400 players to signup to get the 10k? (400*25=10k)

Mike Haven
05-16-2004, 03:22 PM
is there a reason to play another Sit'N'Go after you have won a seat into the multi final?

no

i would assume you need 400 players to signup to get the 10k?

no - 49 players are enough

you need 40 $25-table winners ($1000)

and 9 losers paying 40x$25 each ($9000)

Filip
05-16-2004, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i would assume you need 400 players to signup to get the 10k?

no - 49 players are enough

you need 40 $25-table winners ($1000)

and 9 losers paying 40x$25 each ($9000)

[/ QUOTE ]

of course, thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gaming Club
05-16-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Granny
[ QUOTE ]

at which point an alternate offline event can be selected to send a Zoo rep to

[/ QUOTE ]

PERFECT SOLUTION !!!!

there sure are plenty of those to choose from. however, i would love to see it happen for the dublin tourney, so will everyone please get off their asses and register and play? granny wants to meet mike, and i know i can trounce you fools.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Granny - your weight (figurative of course, since we have no doubt that your seniority belies a svelteness that would have the Zoo harking back to frat house screenings of The Graduate /images/graemlins/smile.gif) behind this will no doubt help substantially.

[ QUOTE ]

Filip
Not sure if i missed something but is there a reason to play another Sit'N'Go after you have won a seat into the multi final? If not i would assume you need 400 players to signup to get the 10k? (400*25=10k)

[/ QUOTE ]

No point in playing again if you win thru. LLAMA was suggesting that players who don't win thru at the first attempt will try again - he assumed $100 average per player, which is either 4x the $25 table or 2x the $50 table. Your 400 is a worst case scenario, and assumes that only the 10-seater gets played and that nobody tries more than once. Assuming a mix of play at the 5-seater and the 10-seater + some players who play multiple times, our guess is somewhere between 100 and 200 individuals needed.

GrannyMae
05-16-2004, 03:51 PM
your weight (figurative of course,

figurative my ass. i carry more actual weight than figurative weight.

i have trimmed down a bit, so am happy to share a current pic tho. you should have seen me BEFORE the gastric bypass.

i'm looking svelte, no? they got strong chairs in dublin??

http://www.photovault.com/Link/Recreation/VacationsLeisure/RVLVolume01/RVLV01P06_11B.jpg

HavanaBanana
05-16-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
participation in this event is a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, and if I win the seat I pledge to wear a GrannyZoo T-shirt (but no soiled nightgown, as the expressions on the other players faces might be disgust not about their cards but someting else, seriously handicapping my ability to read them.)

ToT

Slacker13
05-16-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Add to that the possibility of a guaranteed 50%+ overlay, and we have to think that participation in this event is a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well put. This tourney has a great prize structure and thanks to the Gaming Club for such a great offer. It would be a shame not to take advantage of this.

Slacker13
05-16-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so will everyone please get off their asses and register and play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to your dear ole Granny. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rusty JEDI
05-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Nice pic granny. Is that a tinfoil hat?

rJ

GrannyMae
05-16-2004, 05:51 PM
Is that a tinfoil hat?

no, it is a the front page of the vancouver sun. i had already wrapped my fish and garbage in the rest of it and could not decide what purpose i could do with the remaining page.

as you can see, i am looking for the canadian dime i dropped in my bathing suit bottom. i only needed a penny, but i needed it in $US.

http://bestanimations.com/Flags/USA/USA-04.gif

http://www.anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/lilflag.gif