PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the flop % on SnG's

woodguy
05-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Hello All,
I was analyzing my stats on poker tracker and this stat jumped out at me.
Seeing flop not in blinds 17%
Seeing the flop including blinds 27%
How would you rate these percentages?
I am finishing ITM 54% with an ROI of 58% in $10 & $20 SnG's (with the odd $50 in there) (sample size 327 SnG's)

My first thought is that this might be a leak.
My second thought is that with playing at this level of SnG's there is alot of limping in the early rounds and the blinds see alot flops.
I will also complete from the SB with any two cards if I'm getting 10-1 or better.

I welcome any thoughts/critiques.
Regards,
woodguy

adam61
05-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I think that would generally be regarded at very loose for the SNG strategy used by most players here. But your results are about at the top of what's considered a sustainable ROI, so I would continue to use what works. I've got about a 40% ROI at the $11 level and my stats from Tracker for that are:

Seeing flop not in blinds 12%
Seeing the flop including blinds 22%

About 5% less overall. I'm no expert but what I would do is evaluate what 5-7% of hands you play that a tighter player doesn't and see if those hands are big moneymakers, big losers, or pretty well even. If they are making you money stick with it cause you play well post flop with them, if they are losers drop em. This is probably hands like KT, Suited aces, small suited connectors, unsuited face cards, if I had to guess.

Hiding
05-14-2004, 04:18 PM
I don't have poker tracker, so I'm not sure how it sorts out the statistics, but don't they include short handed and heads up? When you finish in the money you are going to see a really large percentage of flops when heads up, down to three etc. Which I think would skew this precentage a quite a bit.