PDA

View Full Version : This is why I play crypto sites

michfan
05-14-2004, 10:24 AM
This was my last hand of the night. 6 handed 2/4

Hero is UTG and calls with pocket 6's. It endes up getting capped preflop by a limp reraiser and all 6 player come along for 12BB.

Flop is J73 rainbow. Preflop capper bets and all 6 call. 15BB.

Turn is 4 completing rainbow. preflop capper bets and all 6 call. 21 BB.

River is A. It gets checked through.

Hero wins pot with 66. Anyone care to calculate the odds of unimproved 6's winning a 6 ways pot that was capped preflop?

Richard Berg
05-15-2004, 02:55 AM
What is a crypto site and where can I join one!

asdf1234
05-15-2004, 02:58 AM
I don't know if I like the turn call. It's okay if you're closing the action I guess, but if you're not, you probably run too high a risk of a raise or too many people folding behind you. You can't really make up that many bets with implied odds on one street.

balkii
05-15-2004, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I like the turn call. It's okay if you're closing the action I guess, but if you're not, you probably run too high a risk of a raise or too many people folding behind you. You can't really make up that many bets with implied odds on one street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop capper is to hero's left. Hero will be close to closing the action getting ~18:1 on a 6-out draw. There is no way he can fold here. Plus he might be ahead!

asdf1234
05-15-2004, 03:44 AM
Never mind, I didn't see that he had a gutshot as well. Folding would be quite wrong.

Thomsen
05-15-2004, 10:57 AM
what is a cryptosite ?

Besides, i wouldnt count on winning the, too often so maybe i would muck it when it is 2 more to mee preflop. (might be wrong though /images/graemlins/cool.gif ) After that you have to call all the way - except maybe maybe fold to a bet on the river if someone else is calling.