PDA

View Full Version : limpfest turn raisefest

rigoletto
05-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) CO seems decent (TAG), BB is to loose and calls to much.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero... put CO on a hand and tell me what to do!

risen
05-14-2004, 09:48 AM
I like T9 with an outside chance of AT but I think he would have raised that from the Cutoff. This fits with the villain pumping the OESD with a piece of the board and hopefully wussing out when the top card pairs off. But what does the BB have? I'm hoping Q no kicker but that's a stretch, he's made no aggressive actions this hand. That runner runner flush draw looking to CR sounds about right. If you bet and are raised here you are beaten, go ahead and check, let the CO bet the river and fold if it's 2 to you. For One bet I expect to win this 75% of the time.

fsuplayer
05-14-2004, 09:57 AM
In a 15/30 game I would assume that most everyone at the table would raise JJ and QQ preflop, but what about 99?(looking back at your post, you are the only one who called so far, so I think 99 would def. have raised here)
His play smells a little of a set(nevermind on that), AQ possibly, K10 for the flopped nuts, or the remote chance of the same hand as you. Flopped two pair is also very possible as people will play any two of those cards, esp. if they are suited.

Furthermore, with that betting I cant imagine any hands that you are ahead of here with the exception of J10 for pair + openended, or J9 for flopped two pair that just got counterfitted.

Rigoletto-
Preflop: What are you doing limping with such a marginal holding. In HEFAP, i think that David talks about this exact hand in an example
"...if you think everyone will fold behind you...raise with a hand as weak as QJo or maybe even Q10...however if you dont think that everyone behind you will fold, you should not make this play and consider folding..." pg 34

Sorry to quote directly, but I just remember Q10 being talked about in that example.
You flopped one of the best hands you could have with that hand, and it doesnt look like you will come out on top, which is exactly why that hand is very marginal.
Preflop I would have either raised in the CO and get it heads up with the BB calling station, or more likely folded.

Hope it worked out for you,

FsuPlayer

ps I would check, crying-call the river here, getting 12-1.

fsuplayer
05-14-2004, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This fits with the villain pumping the OESD with a piece of the board and then wussing out when the top card paired off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cutoff didnt wuss out, not yet anyways. He capped the flop, bet the turn and has yet to act on the river...or maybe I just need to work on picking up more online tells through these hand histories... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

FsuPlayer

DcifrThs
05-14-2004, 10:41 AM
The turn bet by the CO is what makes it more likely he has a straight. likely the bottom end of it.

you should check and call. because he MAY be pumping/protecting a similar draw and now is forced to bluff/"value bet" his two pair.

-Barron

Schmed
05-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I check call here on the river. It may be a little weak but possible holdings that he may have played the flop like that are K10, 810, QJ, j9, 10x, KQ, (outside chance AQ). Only two of those you have beaten. I think you can rule out 10x and I really doubt he has the str8 yet. No flush draw a guy with a str8 probably wants someone betting in to him on the flop and will come alive on the turn.

OrangeHeat
05-14-2004, 03:13 PM
I would check/call here maybe CO might bet a worse hand.

The biggest mistake is limping in with QT in the Party 15/30 game when everyone has folded to you - either raise it or fold it.

In MP when opening the betting I would fold it more than I would raise it depending on how tight the game is(the tighter it is the more I would be inclined to raise it).

Orange

johnd192
05-14-2004, 03:55 PM
AT, JT, or perhaps even T8 or 99. check/call.

AJo Go All In
05-14-2004, 05:20 PM
i'm gonna assume the preflop play was a misclick. that's an ugly limp.

i would check and call the river. there's not a ton you can beat, maybe something like J9 or TT, but there's obviously enough of a chance that CO just went a little nuts to see a showdown.

rigoletto
05-15-2004, 09:19 AM
Preflop: I normally raise or fold a hand like this, but just once in a while I'll limp which I'll also do with very strong hands.

I posted because I put CO firmly on KTo after he bet the turn (with a very small chance of J9s). He would raise any pocket pair, AQ, KQ, QJ and AT preflop, and he would likely fold T8. I called his river bet to see exactly KT and with effective odds of 5.5:1 on the turn I wonder if I'll see J9 or QJ in his hand or a K on the river often enough to make calling worth it?