PDA

View Full Version : Maximize the pot!!

JGalt
05-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Party Poker 55 Multi 50-100 blinds

I'm on the button with A5s, UTG calls I raise to 150 and BB calls.

Flop A55r, BB checks, UTG checks I make a T40 bet. BB folds, UTG calls

Turn 9, UTG checks, I check.

River J, UTG bets 150.

My question is at this point how much should I raise? We were both even in chips(about T1300). To me I think I played this hand up till this point as well as I could. All comments and critques are welcomed.

Thanks

Jason Strasser
05-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Ok, I hope this doesn't come across as too harsh.

First of all, if the blinds are 50-100, the minimum raise is to 200. You can not raise to 150. Secondly, why on earth are you raising here? Fold this junk preflop, you only have one limper, hence not the correct time to draw to a flush. Also--why get yourself in trouble? UTG limps, especially by sneaky players, can mean premium hands. What if you get limp raised?

Ok, then on the flop you make a T40 bet. Which again, is an illegal bet. I'll assume you just bet the minimum of 100. This play is fine, although you should be aware that it is very likely that UTG has a pocket pair between 66-AA, and that you could easily lose your stack if he hits. This seems ok.

On the turn, the check is good, I like the deception. You better hope he just has Ax though. On the river, I raise to about 400-500, hoping for a call.

JGalt
05-14-2004, 11:20 AM
Uggh, thanks for the reply. I haven't slept much and was thinking of two hands at once. I actually can't figure out what I did wrong with the numbers, but the end question remains. I raised on the button to in effect steal. UTG was a very loose player calling alot pre-flop.