PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Party Message... Pls help.

happyjaypee
05-14-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm three tableing Party's 1/2 when sudently, all table close and I get the following message:

[ QUOTE ]
You just logged in from a different computer. Your current session will be terminated. In case you have received this message in error, please contact the Live Floor person immediately

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, Live help was out as usual...

This is the single most freaky thing to happen to me since I started playing online. Was that simply an error or did someone really got into my account????

Anyone as a clue about this? As it happen to anyone? If yes, what was Party's responce???

Thanks

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BlueBear
05-14-2004, 12:56 AM
I would most concerned and worried about such a message. My guess that I would most likely happen if you've ever happened to play at Party from another computer and did a "remember my details" at that computer.

I would instantly change all my passwords for security reasons and double-check my computer for trojan horses or keyloggers, not to mention sending Party an e-mail and perhaps calling them up.

happyjaypee
05-14-2004, 01:01 AM
Just happened again...

I Changed my password.

-Happy /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

carlo
05-14-2004, 01:09 AM
Same thing hapened to me-no money lost yet--strange

ynotgolf
05-14-2004, 01:11 AM
I thought it was just me, it happened to me twice today, once during a Million $$ tourney satellite I was leading, which really freaked me out. The client shut me off completely, but I was immediately able to log back on. Long story shorter, I didn't think too much of it until it happened to me a few minutes ago. Changed passwords, and brought up 2+2 to see if this was happening to others before I attempt to call Party's horrible Customer Service Line.

BookOfIcculus
05-14-2004, 01:25 AM
Happened to me too.

Cubswin
05-14-2004, 02:24 AM
just happened to me too....WTF

Hung
05-14-2004, 02:29 AM
I had this before. A long time ago though. It's a technical problem. I think there was a topic about this too when it happened before.

Jim Kuhn
05-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Normally I would say you had logged onto another computer with remember my password checked. But with so many others claiming the same thing I would be concerned with some kind of trojan key logger virus. I would change my password asap. Maybe I am paranoid, but better safe than sorry.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BookOfIcculus
05-14-2004, 02:49 AM
I talked to party and they assure me that no one was in my account and it was just a technical glitch.

Cubswin
05-14-2004, 02:55 AM
thank your for reporting this... i can sleep well tonight knowing my $53.12 is safe /images/graemlins/wink.gif

47outs
05-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Ditto, changed my password. Such a glitch is unacceptable in my books. But really, what can we do?
/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Outs

BookOfIcculus
05-14-2004, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i can sleep well tonight knowing my $53.12 is safe

[/ QUOTE ]
Um ... It was party's support I spoke with, not sure how they give you the warm fuzzies about anything?

SirArthur
05-14-2004, 03:31 AM
It happened to me about four times today.

I've never accessed PP from another computer, and don't have an account at Empire.

So the technical glitch explanation seems valid.

MicroBob
05-14-2004, 03:44 AM
about a month ago i got an e-mail from party informing me that someone had requested my password.
obviously it was sent to my address....but i changed my password anyway (even though my party balance was $0.00) and double-checked my neteller, etc.
i doubt the e-mail i received is related to the problem you guys are having....but since they are both issues relating to passwords i thought it was a little curious.

haven't had the problem that you are discussing though. i play primarily on empire.

astroglide
05-14-2004, 03:51 AM
happened to me a bunch of times /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Legend27
05-14-2004, 04:09 AM
This happened to my brother twice today and and he and I know the password to it. He called me soon after asking why I logged onto his account and I told him I didn't so he changed his password immediately. You should too.