PDA

View Full Version : Triple Crown Of Poker

Edge34
05-14-2004, 12:51 AM
Hey everyone,

This weekend is Canterbury Park's Triple Crown of Poker series of tournaments. I was thinking about entering the $300 Limit tourney, but I just wanted to ask a few questions. Have any of you played in these before? How were they, time-wise and all? How many of you are planning on playing this year?

Figured I'd throw the idea out before I go sign up this weekend.

-Edge

Mackie
05-14-2004, 01:33 PM
I haven't played in the triple crown and am not this year either. If you are going to play Saturday, be sure you can play Sunday, as they take $50 out of each $300 entry for the "Championship" prize pool, an event to be played Sunday. If you qualify for the championship but cannot play in it (as I can't on weekends during little league season), you have turned the $300/$30 buy-in/entry into a $250/$80.

Also for the same reason the argument can be made that it doesn't make sense to play in any of the events if you cannot play in all of them. Ironically, if you finish in the top few spots in the first one you play, high enough that you don't need to play any more to qualify for the championship, you shouldn't play any other events.

I don't like the triple crown structure, I would prefer they do away with the championship event and just award a top player prize based on points like they do in the fall classic.

Vehn
05-14-2004, 05:48 PM
This is a terrible event. Stay away.